back to article US and S Korea both claim first place on voice over LTE

Network operators from South Korea and the United States were both claiming victory on Wednesday after racing right down to the wire to become the first in the world to offer voice over LTE (VoLTE) services. South Korea’s largest operator, SK Telecom, and national rival LG U+ both announced VoLTE services would begin on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin Huizing
    FAIL

in the end...

It will be their customers suffering dropped calls, bandwidth issues, disconnected at critical moments all because their network operators didn't do proper field testing and spend more time on getting the bugs out.

These guys should not be racing each other, but helping each other instead.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: in the end...

"These guys should not be racing each other, but helping each other instead."

I like this notion, I wish more of the planet thought like this. Replace racing with every other miserable thing the human race does.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Races are good.

People go faster when they compete.

1. asdf

Up until the point you allow them to step on each other to win. Then you just get self destructive modern society.

2. Yet Another Hierachial Anonynmous Coward
    Go

Voice over new Mobile Network??

Whatever will they think of next.......

Mind you, I think I would welcome improved call quality compared to what we are now forced to suffer over current 2G/3G implementations (in the UK at least). Let's return call quality to what it was 15 -20 years ago!

1. HMB

Re: Voice over new Mobile Network??

I've had a long standing gripe against the quality of phone calls when I know it could be so much better. It's one of the reasons I loved Skype from the moment it came out. When Skype works well it's so damn clear.

Looking forward to this improvement being approved by Ofcom in 20 years time :)

3. ARGO
    Facepalm

Doubly ironic.

"Ironically, the handset sold in Dallas was one produced by a South Korean manufacturer – the LG Connect 4G Android"

And even more ironically, the Metro PCS LTE network was supplied by Samsung (as was the SKT network)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

AMR-WB huh?

That would be the same AMR-WB "HD Voice" on 4G that the UK 3G networks (well all except O2/Vodafone) already have then?

@"Yet Another Hierachial Anonynmous Coward" No issues at all with call quality on 3 (or Orange when I last used them)... either you or the people you call are using iPhones (pretty much the only high end handset without HD voice), or your on O2/Vodafone? :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like