back to article Bribery claims call Chinese labour audits into question

Labour rights groups have warned a US Congressional hearing that severe flaws in the auditing process of technology production facilities in China threaten to undermine the efforts of big name tech brands to ensure their kit is produced in legal and humane conditions. Li Qiang, founder of non-governmental organisation China …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So its China, where is the surprise in this?

1. cyke1

yea its not surprising to me of all the nasty, shotty construction stores I seen come outta china. O and to throw in the pictures from china before the 2008 Olympics, how much Pollution is in the air over there. Nothing that comes outta china like this shocks me anymore.

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

well duh....

Or to put it slightly more eloquently:

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

3. mhenriday
    Big Brother

Ms Chan hit the nail on the head :

«Debby Chan, a project officer at SACOM who exposed alleged malpractice at Apple ODM Foxconn, argued that bribery is only part of the problem with audits and that the root problem is the absence of genuine trade unions in China», but given the attitude of a large number of members of the US Congress towards trade unions (at least US trade unions), it is more than a tad ironic to hear these complaints about factory working conditions and wages being aired in a US Congressional hearing....

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like