back to article Romney promises to announce VP choice via mobile app

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has yet to announce his choice for vice president, but when he does, he says smartphone users will be the first to hear about it. On Tuesday, Romney's official campaign website unveiled Mitt's VP, an app that promises to send a push alert to Android and iOS devices as soon as the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dogged

Nobody

Nobody will be Mitt Romney's VP because that would imply that he had a snowball's chance in hell of actually getting elected.

1. asdf
      FAIL

Re: Nobody

Even a mediocre candidate would make this an election a referendum on Obama's performance which given the current economic climate should make for an easy win. Sadly Mittens is such a weak candidate that he will end up pulling a Mondale and making this an election about his own unelectability the way things are going.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Nobody

As a Democrat I thought at the very least it would be a tough race for Obama. But like you said Mitt is weak. I think even Palin would have a better chance then Mitt.

2. asdf
    Thumb Down

context everything

Followed the article link given and the %49 (not even a majority) for Obama sounds better than the article lets on.

The takeaway from the survey, Velti notes, was that 49 per cent of the iPhone and Android-device owners would vote for incumbent Obama, while only 31 per cent said they would vote for challenger Romney.

1. Don Jefe

Re: context everything

You do realize that what you described is not how majorities work, right?

2. asdf
      FAIL

Re: context everything

never said he had a majority I was saying it would be stupid if Obama had 49 and Romney 48 with %3 undecided or something and that Obama has a big advantage on smartphone owners. The gap is significantly bigger but also surprisingly a large number of smart phone owners haven't decided. I guess they are waiting and hoping Romney cuts down on the gaffes.

3. toadwarrior
    FAIL

I'll wait for the app where he declares his face is being consumed by cancer.

1. ItsNotMe
      Devil

Might be a long wait.

He's got to have his head surgically removed from his arse first.

1. Euripides Pants

Re: Might be a long wait.

HeadUpAss is a prerequisite to running for President.

4. undeadMonkey93

Can't wait to see who's running alongside Mitt to be the next Prime Minister of Amercia!

5. Dan Paul
    Devil

Vote ROMNEY 2012 Because Marie Antoinette never had enough cake....

I am admittedly one of the few Obama supporters in this forum but if Obama was the earthly reincarnation of Lucifer himself, I would have to vote for him over Mitt Romney.

What in God's sake is Mitt doing traveling out of the country in the first place, let alone generating a very negative picture of the Republican party (and America in general) in at least four countries? The Republicans always did a fine job of conveying what morons they are, without Mitt Romney offending half our allies.

This exactly what you get if you let nouveau rich people out of the country club or frat house.

Marie Antoinette revisited...only it's an "Ugly American Fratboy" instead. Even George Bush wasn't this bad.

Let the inevitable downvotes begin.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

ROMNEY and foreigners ?

Didn't Romney make a few speeches recently where is criticized Obamas "foreign" style of government. I can't find them, seems to have disappeared off the Intertubes ?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Unlike

Presumably he''ll declare war on the rest of the planet via Facebook. MittRom just unfriended you. Because he's a t****r.

7. Local Group
    Happy

"There's no telling when Mitt will choose his VP," But when he does, be the first to find out

I'm going to be the last to find out, even if it means having a professionally-induced coma.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh well...

It'll save him the embarrassment of announcing the name of said scripture spouting knuckle dragger so in front of real people.

This topic is closed for new posts.