back to article New! Yahoo! CEO! Mayer! awarded! mucho! mazuma!

Yahoo!'s new CEO Marissa Mayer will be handsomely rewarded for taking the reins at that troubled company – she's been granted an annual base salary of $1m, and can earn up to another $2m in bonus money during her first year. But wait. There's more. According to an SEC filing made available on Thursday, Mayer will also receive …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

She's exempt.

She gets paid the same amount, regardless of how many days off she takes.

2. Alex Walsh

Whats the maternity leave package like? Full salary?

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Sharpen your pencils

Thinking of applying for the perks are you?

I can see the headlines now: "Male Reg commentard impregnates self in attempt to secure comfy affirmative action CEO package."

2. jake Silver badge

@Alex Walsh

Again, she's exempt. She could do the "endless summer" surfing trip, and still get paid.

Cushy job, really.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another Yahoo leader doomed to failure.

Her interests appear to be ballet and modern art, so I'm sure we'll be hearing whale-song soon when Yahoo come up with a new logo.

Yahoo need someone leading them who is really obsessive about technology.

1. KayKay
      Happy

SHE IS

joined Google with 2 engineering degrees. REAL ONES.

Except, unlike some, she's not forgotten engineering is useless if it just impresses other engineers and pisses of the users, who are the ones the money comes from.

2. O RLY

Obsessive about technology

You mean someone who has two degrees, with honors, in technology-related fields from Stanford? I think she'll do. Ballet and modern art show a flair for creativity that will augment, not restrain, her technical abilities.

As to whether Yahoo! can be saved by her or anyone, that is a more interesting debate. Her qualifications seem sound to give it a go.

4. Nick Pettefar

Ummm

What was that about glass ceilings...?

1. AdamWill

Re: Ummm

"What was that about glass ceilings...?"

Fewer than 20 of the Fortune 500 companies have female CEOs. Glass ceilings: sadly, alive and well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like