back to article Atlantis looks good to go

Space shuttle Atlantis looks good to go for blast-off Thursday from NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, weather permitting. The mission to carry Europe's Columbus laboratory to the ISS has twice been delayed by faulty sensors monitoring liquid hydrogen levels in the vessel's fuel tank. The offending devices are designed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Dawson Silver badge
    Coat

used a special tool

"used a special tool to guide the hose back into its storage box while the payload bay doors were closed"

I believe Gordon Freeman is familiar with that particular tool.

Orange and black with a spiffy lambda symbol on it and the infinitely deep pockets. Ta.

2. Alex Brett

Special tool

I love the way they call it a special tool - it was basically a large stick and they just prodded the hose back in with it!

3. Nothing better todo
    Boffin

Old Proverb

“ its not how hard you hit it but where”

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. eddiewrenn

"Ah Mr Freeman...."

Gordon would be proud. Hope they new of the 'Quicksave' F2 shortcut - really helps in tight spots.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Newer proverb

"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward..."

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Translating NASAese

"used a special tool to guide the hose back into its storage box while the payload bay doors were closed"

Aka. an old Bic biro.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Special tool

I can just imagine this special tool. Flexible yet strong, with the ability to fit into tight spaces and bend around annoying protuberances. It would be useful if it had a hook.

I think my coat is currently hanging on one... I'll get it.

9. Nexox Enigma

@used a special tool

"""I believe Gordon Freeman is familiar with that particular tool."""

That is exactly the first thing that I thought of. After they get the hose back in place they can use the same tool to open their crates full of camp shovels and floppy discs!

This topic is closed for new posts.