back to article Twitter exposes Gov't requests for user data

The US government demands more data from Twitter than any other nation, the micro-blogging website has revealed. The company said it was "inspired" to reveal the stats, after its "peers" at Google started publishing so-called transparency reports in 2010 on what and how much data is demanded from countries across the globe. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. miknik
    Trollface

Can we have an El Reg transparency report please?

Because let me tell you, if Robin Hood Airport don't get their shit together.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Blankety Blank on El Reg

>Because let me tell you, if Robin Hood Airport don't get their shit together.....

I'll fart in their direction

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Big Brother

These statements are actually sinister

One can actually imagine Beria sitting in the smoky, shady background, nodding, while the sweating spokesperson delivers the laudatio-of-the-party-interspersed-with-appropriate-selfcritique-and-the-demand-to-be-controlled-by-people-more-worthy to the assembled members.

Only a reference to the teachings of Marxism-Leninism and the glories of The President is missing.

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

I can't imagine what you could fit into a Twitter message that would be subject to DMCA takedown notices.

1. John H Woods Silver badge

@skelband

"I can't imagine what you could fit into a Twitter message that would be subject to DMCA takedown notices."

I'm guessing URLs to copyright content?

2. B-D

@skelband

The entire sum of new material thought up in Hollywood in the last five years?

1. sisk

Re: @B-D

Yes, but can a blank message really be the subject of a DMCA notice?

4. corestore

it will be interesting...

...to see how the stats will look next year, after the Ched Evans / Lauren Crawford rape case tweet prosecutions; if the 17 or so test cases they are currently bringing are successful, literally tens of thousands of tweeters could be faced with their information being handed over and prosecutions following - given that 'Lauren Crawford' was trending on Twitter at one point, the number must be of that order. The UK could shoot to the front of the standings by an enormous margin!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like