back to article 'We've got $6m and we will use it to REVOLUTIONISE storage'

Nimbus, Solidfire and Pure Storage better look out: there's a new flash kid on the storage block. Behold Skyera, previously known as StorCloud, another stealthy flash array startup developing technology that it wants to apply to all storage area networking (SAN) use cases. Its sales VP, Dave Ferretti, said the Silicon Valley- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not sure if they're doing this right.

REVOLUTIONIZE

v. put existing technology in a shiny box, and add a huge markup.

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Not sure if they're doing this right.

Who are investors going to back:

Start-up A says: We will put existing technology in a shiny box, and add a huge markup.

Start-up A does: Put existing technology in a shiny box, and add a huge markup

or

Start-up B says: We are going to REVOLUTIONIZE storage

Start-up B does: Put existing technology in a shiny box, and add a huge markup

The first gets full marks for honesty, the second gets the investment, I would bet.

Me, cynical?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Not sure if they're doing this right.

Err... You missed phase three: Hope an incumbent storage company buys you and integrates your technology into their systems.

3. taptap
    Coat

Would you trust...

...a man who fastens his top button on a shirt, without a tie?

1. FartingHippo
      Holmes

Re: Would you trust...

There's a Nyan Cat tattoo on his neck. He thought that would hit his credibility even harder.

4. Anonymous Coward 15

Salestwat bingo

[X] Cloud

[X] Bloody silly name

[X] First <insert highly specific details>

[X] Revolutionary

[X] Transformation

any more?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meerkat?

There's no way anyone will buy storage from a bloke who sounds like the meerkat off comparethemarket!! Simples!!!

6. Tom_

But...

Isn't the whole point of going from a spinning disk to a solid state drive that it's NOT revolutionary?

Thank you, I even made myself smile slightly* with that one.

*mentally, anyway. Not in a way that anyone sitting nearby would have been able to see.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: But...

Quite subtle, most appreciated.

7. jcrb
    WTF?

From their web site... in Radoslav's bio

"Radoslav was founder and CTO of SandForce Inc., the first and *currently* only company that enabled MLC flash memory in enterprise storage"

Apparently Michael had it right above, you can have full marks for honesty, or you can have the investment....

sad really....

This topic is closed for new posts.