back to article Facebook loses face: Faced down in faceoff over face-placing

Facebook is expected to cough up around $20m, and amend certain features of the site, to end litigation brought against the dominant social network following the arrival of its much-disliked "sponsored stories" feature. In December last year, five users of the service – who complained about their faces being featured in ads on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomynous Coward

Like buck

"to opt out or – better still – to earn a couple of bucks from the process"

That's the truth. Would not be hard to persuade people to whore themselves out pushing any old tat if there was a little something in it for them - at least that would seem to be the case looking at the advertising industry.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The more things change the more they stay the same,

Especially with Facebook.

2. The Alpha Klutz
    Megaphone

i have a story about analingus

i wonder what well know facebook user can sponsor it...

hmm well it would have to be someone desperate to get laid, desperate enough to build a voyeuristic social networking site and trick his rich influential university peers into spreading it around.

perverts nowadays can use facebook to stalk gorgeous sexy people, but they owe it all to the original pervert to invent the dream.

shine on

1. Andus McCoatover
      Windows

Re: i have a story about analingus

"Sit on my face and tell me that you love(d) me"?

With grateful thanks, as always to the Python team.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

dumb f*cks?

What do you reckon Mark?

4. Tom 35

Lawyer speak

"view the subset of their interactions and other content that have been displayed in Sponsored Stories."

Could they come up with a more convoluted way to say that?

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: Lawyer speak

"Could they come up with a more convoluted way to say that?"

Umm, they're lawyers - paid by the word and minute..

5. Mike Flugennock

Facebook Faceplant

Wow, Reg; looks like your headline writers are off their game today. They totally missed a bet on the headline for this story:

Facebook Faceplant: Facebook loses face, faced down in faceoff over face-placing

There, guys; fixed it for you.

You're welcome.

6. Eddy Ito
    Facepalm

Give the little Zucker a break

He was confused by all the "Hey Mark, f* off" messages and thought it nice everyone was reminding him to tune in to the Stanley Cup finals.

f* palm, what else?

7. sueme2
    Terminator

Zucked again

Pyramid schemes rely on the <lambs> referring <item> to their <friends> . It could be worse, they might have used a random selection of Pr0n as attention getters.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Good Old "Mark Suck-a-Terd".

five users of the service – who complained about their faces being featured in ads on Facebook

Facebook snootily claimed that the case was "without merit".

Facebook will create an easily accessible mechanism that enables users to view the subset of their interactions and other content that have been displayed in Sponsored Stories.

The company is also required to give users control over which "interaction" and "content" they deem acceptable to be featured in Facebook's Sponsored Stories.

Facebook users who readily clicked on "Like" buttons on the site were about to be in for a surprise because their faces would then begin appearing alongside third-party adverts served via the network

Facebook confirmed at the time that users would not be gifted with an opt-out option from its Sponsored Stories, all of which led some to claim the company had been disingenuous about its "Like" button,

The five members of Facebook who filed the suit had argued that the network violated California law by running certain "Likes" with various ads without allowing those individuals to opt out or – better still – to earn a couple of bucks from the process.

This is a subset of what a pack of Arseholes Mark Suck-a-Terd and co., have been, are and always will be, and what a pack of unquestioning "dumb fucks" the users of it tend to be......

In essence, Facebook has certain good functions, but like a daisy growing on a crust of dried shit on a sewerage pond.... the fucking crap going on underneath, in Corporation Facebook - is ALL bad and it's a mile deep.

It's a pristine example of just how fucking unethical people and the corporations they create, actually are.

9. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Explain Please

Is it some kind of "funny" new thing to end all headlines relating to Facebook with "-bitch."?

I appreciate I lack the lofty, incisive, intellectual wit of a journalist, but I don't see the connection between Facebook and a female canine.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Explain Please

Errm maybe relates to his (early) business cards which said "I'm CEO, Bitch"

10. zen1

new face of anonymous

could be zuckerberg's face? While I admit I much prefer the general lack of peach fuzz on my masks, but in this case I'd be willing to pull a sparticus on herr ceo.

I'm almost tempted to buy a share of stock just so I can write "SUCK IT" on my proxy vote. That would be what, 8 bucks (?) well spent!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like