back to article This Old Box. And that Old Box. And that one. All of them, in fact

While your other half might be perusing the latest bonk buster on the beach this summer, you might want something that's not going to leave you wriggling with embarrassment and wishing you’d packed a bigger towel. Well, you'll be pleased to hear that El Reg has collected our entire output of our This Old Box strand and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. bob, mon!
    Headmaster

US$2.99, not $1.99 (at Amazon.com)

Just sayin'

2. Nev
    FAIL

$3.35 !?!

No chance!

3. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

"Just pony up £2.01/ $1.99"

Exchange rate scam?

4. Mr Anonymous

Maybe you need to pull apart some new exchange rates, I make $1.99 = £1.27, your rate looks like it's 1985.

5. frank ly
    Joke

It's not on the torrents yet .....

... so I'll wait a while.

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
      Stop

Re: It's not on the torrents yet .....

Or you could just use Calibre to collate and convert the relevant web pages into a single ebook-friendly file?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "collate and convert the relevant web pages"

If you can do that in less than 15 minutes you're a skilled programmer and deserve to be paid more than £8 an hour!

6. Chris Gray 1
    FAIL

Doesn't work. :-(

Paid for the ePub. It arrived quickly in email. Copied it to my Kobo Vox. Imported it. Gets an error on opening. Sigh. Tried again. Same. I'll have to try running the book through Calibre to see if that helps. I chose the ePub for my VOX since it has a colour display, instead of the Kindle version - my Kindle is B&W.

7. Chris Gray 1
    Happy

Calibre fixed it! :-)

Running the book through Calibre did indeed fix it, although it shows up twice on the bookshelf, and it breaks if I try to delete one. Oh well - could be some setting in Calibre that I haven't looked at.

While experimenting, I turned on the Kobo Vox's Wi-Fi to see if some DRM thing required authentication. An update was available. I let it do its thing. With this new update, Kobo no longer has their own App Store - you now get "Google Play", and have to have a Google account to get apps, etc. I think on the whole this is a good thing - having their own store must have been a drain on their resources. However, this may mean they are getting out of the Android "tablet" business.

This topic is closed for new posts.