back to article Cable cut didn’t send Oz Transit of Venus feed dark

As the world readied to spent hours cyber-slacking to watch the Transit of Venus yesterday, a careless backhoe was being accused of sending NASA’s Alice Springs feed offline. The cable cut, 20 Km south of the Territorian town of Mataranka, knocked a large slab of the largely-empty state offline, including Alice Springs and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Ahh The Herald Sun

Just days ago they reported on a supernova in another galaxy "240 light years" from Earth.

They also got the type of supernova wrong, but that error is (unfortunately) probably on the wrong side of obscure.

2. LaeMing
    Flame

IP Address

They (Big Media) wishes!

3. Knoydart

I think you'll find the technical term is spade fade

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

hmmmmm

Funny how this explains why our WAN went dead to Alice Springs yesterday but Telstra was unable to tell me why..... Maybe Reg can keep me informed of other issues in my network..

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

someone call a pimp!

"As the world readied to spent hours cyber-slacking to watch the Transit of Venus yesterday, a careless backhoe was being accused of sending NASA’s Alice Springs feed offline."

sounds to me like someone needs to pimp slap someone back in line..

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

O_o

I can't believe that anybody doesn't know what IP stands for these days. At the very least it would take intelligence of at most simian level to figure out what the I means.

Paris because she would have figured it out.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like