back to article Intel partners prep 20 Clover Trail Windows 8 tablets

Forget Ivy Bridge and Ultrabooks, Intel already has its partners working on 20 new tablet designs based on its Clover Trail Atom chips, as the firm looks to take on rival ARM in its own back yard with a renewed mobile push. Chipzilla SVP Tom Kilroy revealed the plans during a keynote at the Computex trade show in Taipei – an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How much!

The Portégé Z930 will be available for purchase on June 5, 2012 starting at $1,249.00 MSRP

Well that will be £1000.00+ VAT for the lowert spec device if it gets over here.

For an i7, i expect that you won't get much change out of £1400+VAT

Far too expensive and I wonder how well it will cool those i7 chips.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How much!

I'll have my beefy quad-core machine at half the price, thank you.

2. Philippe
    FAIL

Toshiba? I don't think so.

I ve'been there done that.

Three power supplies, 2 harddrives, and 2 batteries in 3 years.

Never again..

3. qwarty

Advice for OEMs

Illustration shows Metro Start screen in the old fashioned 768p format.

OEMs, please note Metro UX is better on 1080p on 10" display up and the visibility of tiles makes it much easier for consumers to spot the low resolution duds on the shelves than is currently the case with netbooks. Worth spending a few dollars on the BOM.

Also note for 15" displays you should now be looking at 1080p minimum for budget devices for 4Q 2012 systems. Premium 15", also consider the 1440-1600 panels already available in the supply chain.

4. Mikel
    Pint

Remember when...

Remember when a previous Atom was going to take over the world? What happened to that? http://www.pcworld.com/article/185192/intel_launches_nextgeneration_atom_netbook_processor.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like