back to article Public-private shoe-in wins Birmingham contract

Birmingham Council has handed the second raft of its 10 year transformation programme over to a public-private vehicle that is majority owned by Capita. Capita said in a statement to the City yesterday that Service Birmingham, its joint venture with Birmingham City Council, had been given a budget of £142m over 10 years to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Woohoo more stealth taxes

Hmmm, I have a feeling that Capita's involvement with the city council will eventually extend to a similar congestion charge scheme as in london, I have a mate who is working for them and he said this is likely.

2. Nicholas EGF Berry

The other shoo drops

Maybe shoo-in?

3. James Smith

Crapita strikes again ...

for any reader of The Eye (Private, that is) we know what comes next ... seriously, who is getting rich from this company? Go find out. Same old Establishment England ... it's one of the reasons why I moved out.

4. Ian Rogers

shoe-ing

Once I'd read the title of this article I was trying to think of the difference between a "shoe-in" and a "shoe-ing" - maybe none in this case.

Do we know if any protection is in place to make sure *all* the Capita work will be done in the UK? Off-shoring some of the work may make the cost price lower for this one deal, but if the UK taxpayer has to pay Capita for the job *and* benefits to UK people that would have otherwise been working then the TCO is suddenly much higher...

[For the transatlantic readers, a "to give someone a shoe-ing" means to give them a kicking]

5. Colin Jones

What exactly is a shoe-in?

Was this, by any chance, submitted by an e-mail tapped out using predictive text on a mobile phone, and a 6 being missed out and left unchecked?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like