back to article TomTom does the dream-job-onna-island bit

Yet another competition for a dream job on a tropical island has sprung up: now satnav biz TomTom is offering two weeks of mapping and holidaying to five groups of five people this summer. The Map Paradise Project will send the winning teams on an all-expenses-paid holiday to Fiji, St Lucia, Mauritius, Cape Verde and the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, umm...

No need to apply, position's closed, it was an administrative error.

Now where did i put that factor 25?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What

About Pitcairn, or Easter Island?

Even better, Gigha?

2. FanMan
    FAIL

Fix the darn TomTom call centre (0845 161 0009) before dreaming up PR jollies!!!

An insult to poorly-served loyal customers. TomTom could give lots more people a warm fuzzy by setting these 25 on to the customer service lines instead. The waiting time is woeful to infinite, the music is execrable, no queue place notification, no call back service. Just dire. I like the traffic service but as soon as I find a decent alternative with decent customer service, I'm bailing out.

3. lee harvey osmond

Why St Lucia, and not ...

... why St Lucia, and not Antigua, or Tobago, or ... Trinidad? Guess which one of those islands is biggest, has the most comprehensive road network, and an economy based on oil and financial services instead or agriculture and tourism.

I suppose we've discovered where TomTom's management goes for its holidays.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The "but first" thread

Cute for marketing, but it would be so nice if TomTom started to address a couple of serious problems first. I'll start the thread, I'm sure it will be a lot longer by the evening..

But first..

- fix the infernal "you must U-turn" problem: the closer you get the higher the likelihood it loses the plot (especially in cities) and tells you to U-turn

- force every single UI developer to use the UI themselves, so it needs less interaction when you're supposed to have your eyes on the road

- lose the (a)social media crap in the menu or make it possible to kill it off - this too is visual clutter

On the plus side, the HD traffic service really works (it's up to drivers to realise that snowy conditions may mean that a diversion to a B road may not always be helpful). But I cannot see that problem occur on a tropical island :-).

Any more "but first "(or, for those reversing, butt first)?

This topic is closed for new posts.