back to article Sony to bring bog-friendly blowers to Blighty

Is Sony taking the piss? Enter two loo-friendly Xperia smartphones, launched over here today but already on sale in Japan, which won't be spoiled by unanticipated drops into the bog. Sony Xperia Go When you need to Go... an appropriately yellow-coloured Xperia The lav-loving pair are the Go and the Acro S - 'A' for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lurker

HTC Advertisement

I Hope you're getting paid well for that "HTC skydiver transparent page advert".

Because it's distracting and intrusive as hell.

1. Leona A

Re: HTC Advertisement

FlashBlock solves these issues :)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Does it have a built in loo roll

now that would be innovation.

2. Esskay
    Coat

No quad core?

They must be taking the piss...

3. Zobbo
    Coat

Speaking of dual cores...

...does it protect against number twos?

4. Suricou Raven

Waterproof? Already done.

Take one tablet. Place in one of those zip-lock bags used for food. That is how I read in the bath.

5. Leona A
    Joke

Be careful

Who you ask, to borrow a phone from then, as we know how many people Don't wash their hands after going to the loo! eeek.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm told that the reason for waterproof phones is that there's a big market of mainly young females in Japan who cannot face being separated from their phones while they take a shower!

7. Pete the not so great
    Joke

It's so you can ...

carry on at your convenience

8. A J Stiles

Great idea

Very few cases of phones being dropped in toilets are accidental -- most of them are just liggers christening their phones on purpose, in an attempt to get a free upgrade. More waterproof phones should ultimately mean fewer freeloaders getting upgrades at your expense -- lowering costs all round. Win for everybody.

Except leeches, obviously .....

9. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Great idea

Not because they being dropped in the loo (ugh!!!) but because these iGrease things look hideous if touched by anything but kid gloves and now it's washable.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sorry... no more Sony for me

I like my phone, it's just the right size, does what I want it to (almost all, anyway) and looks good.

But, and it's a big but, Sony (Ericsson) have tried their best to ruin it with a plethora of crap apps dumped in the system storage, making them un-removable. Add to that apps such as Google Maps, Flash Player, Youtube and Adobe Reader also being installed in there, and you lose 70meg of storage, and have useless apps running in the background that are neither used nor wanted.

If you must put your junk on there, just make it possible to get rid of the bloody things.

The beauty of Android is the ability to make it look exactly how you want, so just give us a phone with Android as it was intended, and let us decide what junk to install.

1. Bodhi

Re: Sorry... no more Sony for me

I'm struggling to find any Sony apps running on my Xperia S that aren't in some way useful, which ones were you thinking of?

1. M Gale

Facebook, Email, Get Apps, Get Games, Liveware Manager, News & Weather, Music Unlimited, PlayNow, Performance Assistant, Timescape, TrackID, UEFA.com, vscreens, Video Unlimited, Wisepilot, XperiaTimer...

Dunno about the AC, but these are apps I never use, that I can't uninstall. Though I can "disable" them since the update that I needed to install two different kinds of Sony bloatware onto the computer for, one of which bluescreened it.

At least, I can disable *most* of them.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Yes, those would be the ones.

11. Bob Vistakin
    WTF?

Speaking of toilets ... there's an app for that

Every pub and home) should have one - use your stream to play the guitar, and upload your performance when done: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b9b_1338322781

1. Pete the not so great
      Happy

Re: Speaking of toilets ... there's an app for that

Liveleak? you can share your pish?

12. LinkOfHyrule
    Paris Hilton

Finally a phone...

Finally a phone that can stands the demands of a large scale watersports party! I'm sure they did extensive researched and decided there was a market for it here. Do they know something we don't?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like