back to article Nokia lights up Bat Signal for Lumia 900

Nokia has once again been inspired Gotham City, bringing its limited edition Batman casing to the Lumia 900 in time for this summer's blockbuster, The Dark Knight Rises. The Lumia 900 follows its smaller sibling, the 800, in being recast as a Batman model, which comes in a matte black design with the famous caped crusader logo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Not even a screen printed bat logo

would convince me to buy an otherwise shit phone lumbered with an even shitier OS.

Sorry Nokrosoft.

1. JC_
      Thumb Down

Re: Not even a screen printed bat logo

Shitpeas today: Not even a screen printed bat logo would convince me to buy an otherwise shit phone

Shitpeas earlier: An ICS version of the Lumia 900, with the bugs fixed would actually be reasonable mid-range Android handset.

All shit, all the time...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

But an ICS version of the Lumia 900 doesn't exist. So therefore the Nokia Lumia 900 is a shit phone, and the stupid batman edition is a way of enticing kids with too much pocketmoney.

1. JC_
          FAIL

Shitpeas, your exact words were: "an otherwise shit phone lumbered with an even shitier OS".

Earlier you said that the exact same phone with a different OS would be "reasonable".

Either the hardware is reasonable or it isn't; you can't have it both ways...

2. Dave's Jubblies
      Facepalm

Moths to a flame Barry...

1st post? You see the point I made now...

You really cannot help youor self can you?

Where did that nasty Mr Gates touch you? Show me on the dolly....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Actually Microsoft were OK when billy was running the company.

It's all gone to shit since that sweaty oaf Balmer started dancing round the stage chanting DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS and paying their way forward rather than earning it though making desirable products.

3. foo_bar_baz
      Trollface

Just one post by Bob Vistakin I win the reg trololol bingo.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

THIS is it!!!!

This is a smart move from Nokia people will flock to buy these phones on the back of this and Windows Phone 7.5 will start to gain traction in the market.

It's finally happening people EMBRACE the change!

3. Tegne
    Terminator

Be cautious of Phones 4 U preorders on the Lumia 900

My boss placed an order for one 3 or 4 weeks ago for delivery a week on monday. He's still not heard any news when his device will arrive. It seems there is some dispute between Nokia and O2 that is preventing their roll-out on this network that they don't want to officially admit to.

4. ukgnome
    Joke

"The software has also been 'spruce-Wayned'-up"

Stop it, you're killing (joke) me.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Mushroom

Re: What do you get for your £175?

You get that for free owning any of the Lumias

1. JC_
        WTF?

Re: What do you get for your £175?

Someone upvoted the comment above? Really? It literally doesn't make any sense; it's a follow-up to deleted comments.

Any chance it's Shitpeas using multiple accounts to pat himself on the back?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like the Nokia money is drying up...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100005

7. Toastan Buttar
    Happy

Text from Dog

IM BATDOG.

8. asdf
    FAIL

what?

Lets see from the earlier review WM7+ doesn't officially support multi processor phones and Microsoft doesn't allow microSD cards. You got to be shitting me. This is 2012 not 2009. And don't say well Apple doesn't either but guess what Apple isn't the one years late to the market trying to convince people its me too phone isn't mediocre and in fact because of Apples antics alot of people have Android phones as well. Nokia is so screwed.

1. Daniel Warner

Re: what?

WP7 DOES support SD Cards. I have a Samsung Focus with 8Gb built in and a 32Gb card. It isn't hot-swappable but who does that anyway? It's up to the mfrs to include one or not.

Yet again we have the Msoft-hating trolls who tell us how rubbish WP7 is and I bet they haven't even tried it, they're just swayed by false media. I love Android but I much prefer WP7. Having just two dominant OS choices is bad people, we need variety in the market. I just wish the shops would train their staff on ALL of them, Blackberry, Symbian, WP7 included.

1. asdf
        FAIL

>Since this is a Windows Phone handset there’s no microSD card – Microsoft doesn’t permit this –

I guess El Reg's review from a few weeks ago is wrong then. Sourcing fail on my part.

1. Law
          Joke

Relying on El-Reg as an impartial and reliable source of information... that was your first mistake! ;)

Quite happy with my Xperia S (despite lack of ICS update still). Having said that, had the Lumia 900 been out at the time on the same contract terms I got on o2 (£20 a month for decent mins/data/unlimited text + free phone) I'd have seriously thought about giving WM 7.5 a try. I'd have opted for one without the batman logo though.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You can add to your list loads of other stuff too, like no Bluetooth file transfers.

I can Bluetooth anything I like to my Android friends, music, videos, pictures, apps even.

9. MIc
    Thumb Up

WP is going to keep clawing out market share.

I use a Nokia Lumia 900 and it is a great phone. Crap like SD cards and BT file transfer are not really any issue. I've never felt I needed any of those feature. Especially since Sky Drive is front and center. And even if Nokia folds MS is not going to give up on the mobile space. Its a repeat of the Xbox play.

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iiis-s-voice-thinks-windows-phone-is-the-best-smartphone-also/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like