back to article Carphone Warehouse touts cut-price iPads

Carphone Warehouse still has plenty of iPad 2s in its stock cupboard and has just knocked up to £50 off the price to shift them. Officially, the iPad 2 is now only available with 16GB of storage, which will set you back £329. But CW has some 32GB and 64GB models left, in both their Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi plus 3G forms. The two 32GB …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. groovyf

Apple Refurb Store

Pick up a refurb iPad2 16GB for £259 from the Apple Store. Bargain if an iPad 2 is what you're after.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

YES BUT

when you sit next to someone with the new iPad and see the screen......

The big green eyed monster.

1. Chet Mannly

Re: YES BUT

"YES BUT

when you sit next to someone with the new iPad and see the screen......"

Actually saw both ipad 2 and ipad (new? 3? formerly known as 4G?) next to each other displaying the same photos, same screen brightness etc etc and honestly there wasn't much in it (I'm a wildlife photographer, so screen differences are pretty obvious to me).

There was a little more saturation in the new one (though to the naked eye the gamut range looked identical), but image quality is a big thing for me and it wasn't "I gotta have the new one".

Might make a bigger difference with other apps, but I'm heading O/S in a couple of weeks and it'll be an ipad 2 in my duty free bag...

Of course YMMV...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

if only...

if only the price was around 200 quid...

if only it came with an SD slot...

if only it came with a usb port (better still, host usb too)...

if only I could hide that embarrassing logo...

if only I could root it to dump that OS of theirs and change it for Android (not that Android is a little darling, it's just that I won't put up with restrictions imposed by blokes whom I already paid for their product)

then, well, then I would seriously consider this thing. So... it looks I'm not exactly Apple ideal target :)

But hey, not to worry, I'm sure there's going to be a keen crown to part with their money, to feel they "belong" :D

1. craigj
      Thumb Up

Re: if only...

"I won't put up with restrictions imposed by blokes whom I already paid for their product"

Nope, you'll put up with restrictions imposed by blokes at Google, instead of the blokes that you paid for the product.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Nope, I'm not the target market either. But the Apple-imposed restrictions don't really hinder those who are less confident with technology, and may even aid them use it. I really can't understand why the accusation of 'hiptser' is always being levelled at iOS users- outside of London, iDevice users are mostly baby-boomers who couldn't give a shit about their image. Rather, they see their friends in the pub using a gizmo without swearing at it, and are happy to pay for that ease of use.

I'm a tinkerer, and I took things apart as a child - though I was usually less successful at putting them back together again - so it ain't for me. But my old man doesn't care that he can't do things he didn't even know were possible -and he has a larger toy budget than I do. The idea that he is a 'hipster', 'sheep', 'iClone' or 'fanboi' is so far from reality it would make me chuckle if it wasn't so tedious and unoriginal.

It is fit for the purpose for which it is sold.

3. LPF

You forgot to add, "If only girls liked me"

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If only I hadn't bought that Samsung Note!!!!!!!!

If only I hadn't bought that Motorola Zoom!!!!!

If only I hadn't bought that Asus... Etc etc etc

I hear the cry of the mislead and disappointed every day.

3. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

At first glance I thought I saw 'iPAD 2 for £50'

I will admit to being interested for the whole 2 seconds before I saw what it actually said.

Too much for too little for me.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPad's are for girls! Giggly, pink, airhead girls.

Just admit it and move on!

1. Andrew James

They are. They are indeed.

And you know what else girls like? Boys. And what do boys like? Girls. So the boys will buy iPads for girls. And girls will buy iPads for girls. And then boys will buy iPads for themselves to look cool to the girls - and to try and get the girls topless on facetime.

And since the topless girls really arent doing anything with an android tablet, least of all video chat with boys ... a £50 off iPad2 with loads of storage for screenshots of topless girls on facetime is obviously going to fly of the proverbial shovel like the proverbial fecal mound.

Get over yourself, and try opening your mind a little bit.

1. Nigel Whitfield.

While laudable to urge others to open their minds, perhaps it's as well to keep in yours that not all boys like girls.

1. Andrew James

Rather than assume I'm probably a narrow minded biggot you should just look beyond the literal words used and at the meaning of what I'm saying. The point is, boys and girls of all orientations want to be popular and want to fit in, and want to impress. If they can do that while spending £50 less, even better.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stop bleating on....

"iPad's are for girls! Giggly, pink, airhead girls.

Just admit it and move on!"

Obviously! you so love trolling the Apple articles.

Take your trolling elsewhere we're bored of your repeated nonsense. You don't like Apple, we got it already no need to keep following the Apple articles so closely any more.

Follow your own advice and "Move On". Loser.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, but...

Maplin are still selling (original) iPad 1's for only £370.

7. Some Beggar
    Meh

I hear DFS have cut the price of some of their sofas too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like