back to article Pure pushes flash stash, mocks spinning disk with YouTube gag

Pure Storage is pushing the idea that its deduped flash array is cheaper than tier one enterprise disk array storage but miles faster and more reliable. The start-up has been engaged in a prolonged, two-year beta trial for its flash array technology and has just announced general availability of its first product: the Flash …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr_Pitiful
    Thumb Up

Great video

I want some!!

1. M7S

Re: Great video

I'd be interested for the next upgrade on my data centre but as the competiton is US residents only, I assume the same applies to their sales/support.

1. Mr_Pitiful
        Thumb Down

Doh, and I even bothered to subscribe!

Must I stick with the spinning things forever then?

2. Matthew 3

You're right. I emailed them to ask about this and got:

"As a newly launched company just coming out of stealth, we are not actively engaging business opportunities outside of the United States at the moment. Once we have expanded to a degree that allows us to deliver the quality, responsiveness and consistency that we know the international community expects, we will engage with partners and customers abroad."

2. Assumed Name
    Alien

Too bad EMC wasn't looking for the *funniest* deduping flash array

Apparently XtremIO was picked up for some other reason. Oh yeah... because of Netapp.

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2012/05/14/Chris_Mellor_1_Did_EMC_buy_Xtremio_to_fend_off_NetApp/

This topic is closed for new posts.