back to article HP intros not-quite-Ultrabook Sleekbook laptops

Not happy with the Ultrabook brand, or the notebook moniker? HP has a third: Sleekbook. What is a Sleekbook? It's an HP laptop that doesn't quite meet the specifications Intel has demanded any laptop vendor using its Ultrabook trademark must adhere to. HP Envy 6 Take HP's Envy 4, which comes with one of Intel's second- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Envy 6 Sleekbook, a 15.6-incher - 1366 x 768

yawn.

1. Kebablog

Re: Envy 6 Sleekbook, a 15.6-incher - 1366 x 768

Indeed, nice looking product let down by a poor resolution display.

2. Silverburn

Another yawn

...another macbook air cosmetic copy...oh yay...

And the name "Envy"; is that what we - the buyers - are supposed to do, or what HP is actually doing?

3. jason 7
    FAIL

Yes as mentioned...poor display.

1440x900 should be the minimum.

Why? Why??????!!!!!!!

4. Joeman
    FAIL

What do they actually intend us to do with all these machines with 1366 x 768 displays???

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They want you to get annoyed this summer then replace them next year by with a Windows 8 model boasting an acceptable display.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crap screen resolution...

The crap screen res is the sole reason I keep looking at Apple's mac pro range instead, with their non-glare "hi res" screens.

They're only 1680 x 1050, but the software I use requires at least 1024 minimum height (and checks). :/

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll be waiting to see the new Macbook Pro and Macbook Airs - if they have a higher resolution screen it will be a major plus point. This HP ultra book is basically like a Macbook Air 11" but bigger and heavier. I have friends that run Windows 7 on Mac hardware all day (i.e. do not even use OS X) and think a lot of people will as they want a good looking, durable, reliable machine.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sleekbook... aka a laptop

Move along, nothing to see here.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like