back to article Yahoo! chief! says! sorry! for! CV! snafu!

Yahoo!'s CEO Scott Thompson has issued an emailed apology for his gilded CV to employees at the company, as the board decides what it's going to do about his misstated education. Thompson is in hot water over a discrepancy in his CV that said he held a computer science degree when he doesn't, an issue Yahoo! called "an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When the tide goes out...

you can discover who are not wearing any swimsuits.

2. 404

Argh....

.... this is going to be something that has been acceptable here in the States for a while now - "I Misinterpreted the Rules" defense.

Personal responsibility and honor are very rare and I despise the lack thereof.

Sigh, I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

3. Thomas 18
    FAIL

CEO

CEO lies, what a world first!

4. Jason Hindle

He I thought he claimed it was an honest mistake?

I mean putting a degree you don't have on your CV is surely the kind of honest mistake that can happen to the best of us?

1. C Yates
      Happy

Indeed...

It's the first time I've ever heard of anything like this occuring. :)

C Yates

BSc, MIT, BTEC, CCNA, DVLA, TLA and lord of the known universe

5. Efros

Apply the same rules

If this had been a worker drone, how long would they have been given to produce the claimed certification before they were fired.

1. LaeMing
      Thumb Up

Re: Apply the same rules

And sued for mis-paid salary.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Apply the same rules

16 hours or 62 if on a Friday, followed by either thanks, termination or both.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Inadvertant CV error

I served as a very senior senior officer in the British army.

Oh, no... wait... I'm an 8-stone weed who was never even a soldier. Must have been a slip of the fingers on the keyboard, i suppose.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fire the bugger!

If I had lied on my employment application about my education, I would have never been offered my current position as senior engineer at a tier-one mobile phone manufacturer, or if it had been missed during my background check, I would have been fired later for lying on my employment application. Why should this pinhead be any different? Fire the asshat!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like