back to article Wayward footballer turns to iPod cure

Australian Rules footballer Sam Reid of the Sydney Swans may turn to technology in an attempt to repair his wayward kicking. Reid plays as a key forward, a position in which his job* is to launch his 195cm frame over the top of other players, catch the ball and then kick a goal. Reid's problem is that, in 2012, he's been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. sabba
    Paris Hilton

You get a point for missing...

...everyone's a winner, baby!!

Oh, you Australians!! What with calling Fosters and Castlemaine lager and now this!! When will you guys quit kidding around?

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Re: You get a point for missing...

Darts must really confuse you then.

1. sabba
        Paris Hilton

Re: You get a point for missing...

you're right: I always try to miss the point with darts!! Ouch!!

Fat blokes, swigging lager and throwing pointed sticks at a board. Not quite a sport now is it.

<<Paris cos' she's always up for team sports - allegedly!!>>

2. andreas koch
    Coat

Of course

there's an App for that.

3. Martin 47

As a pom who has actually watched Aussie footy I am not sure your comment 'it all makes sense when you see the game' is entirely accurate.

1. Gordon 10

You should try understanding the Oz vs Paddy compromise rules then :)

4. AdamWill
    Stop

No.

"It all makes sense when you see the game"

We get said 'sport' here on Canadian TV, and let me tell you authoritatively: it really, really doesn't.

Now, give me a sport with nice simple rules everyone can understand. Like Canadian football...

1. Darryl
      Happy

Re: No.

Actually, Adam - we can't talk... The CFL gives the kicker a point for missing too, as long as the ball travels through the end zone and out of bounds....

1. AdamWill

Re: No.

That was meant to be a joke. Point being, the rules of all football codes are similarly impossible to understand intuitively.

5. puffspluslotion

Just about every major sports team in the US runs practices with loud speakers blaring artificial crowd noise. Some of them even change the recordings depending on how loud individual stadiums get.

6. bep

You get a point for just missing

Other than that, your explanation of what this bloke does for a living is not simplified in the least.

7. Trokair 1
    Mushroom

[Insert]

[Insert comment about American Football being better]

Happy Friday :D

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like