back to article Sega squirts urinal game console onto shop shelves

Sega's videogame business hit a 'new flow' this week when the firm pushed its urinal games terminal, the Toylet, out into retail in Japan. That means that those who took a shine to Sega's Toylets after using them in various bathrooms across the country, now have the opportunity to put them in their own homes, the company …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF???

Thats all....

1. Ogi

Re: WTF???

It's Japan, remember! http://news.3yen.com/wp-content/images/japan-crazy-shit-350x.png

2. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Re: WTF???

Its the Sega "Wee".....

2. squilookle
    Thumb Up

Wow

Hardware from Sega, a game controlled by pee, and many, many pee jokes in a very short article.

Well done.

3. g e

Is it dangerous?

The little boy depicted has a plaster on his little leggin... awwwww

(Or is that some extremely sticky pee)

4. I know better
    Facepalm

It had better be good otherwise it's going down the pan. I wonder whether there'll be a slashing game soon?

5. Ageless Stranger

This story is exactly one month too late

nuff said

6. SteveK
    Coat

Are Nintendo going to bring out a Wii version?

1. PsychoHippy
      Facepalm

Probably...

...but it'll be a piss poor conversion!

7. Alan Dougherty
    WTF?

Again, Japan

WTF?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meanwhile over in the girls bathroom, they get to play "Bomber Command"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

and once a month...

Get to use napalm

9. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Booo to the naysayers, it's nice to see Sega moving back towards the hand held hardware market.

10. DZ-Jay

OK I give up!

I'll never be able to understand the Japanese. WTF?!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Simpler version

I've seen a few urinal inserts which were simple plastic things and fulfilled (if you pardon the pun) the same aim (argh) to keep the user focused (that's enough). It is a problem in public places - I sometimes cannot believe the mess (and am suitably enamoured of companies that make even that "experience" a decent one - it makes me prefer that location over the competition if all other factors are the same).

So, thumbs up for the idea, thumbs down for the price and installation hassle. The plastic gadget does the job, and if someone decides to play dirty (groan) and takes it away, replacing it won't break the bank.. Or the urinal.

12. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

A page out of Harry King's book!

Mine is the one with "The Truth" in the pocket

13. Chris Watson 2
    Coat

£1080 pee.

14. Bela Lubkin
    Joke

Kudos to Chris Watson -- and giant kudos to (ahem) dog pizzle if you set that up on purpose!

15. Andalou

Not just a flight of whimsy.

It is not a whim. It takes longer to toilet train a Japanese child than a Western one. All that pixellation means they can not see where their bits are exactly so it takes far longer for them to blindly develop accurate hand-to-bits co-ordination based solely on touch.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like