back to article Textgram

Textgram is another app designed to differentiate your digital self from the masses, in this case by letting you send graphically enhanced missives as MMS messages, or as pictures to your social network. Maybe it’s the use of 'gram' in the name, but Textgram has already racked up between 100,000 and 500,000 downloads since its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jason 7
    Facepalm

Simply....

....why?

Is this just for the skinny jean and white plimmy brigade?

Maybe that's why I just don't see the need for 98% of the apps one these stores.

1. JDX Gold badge

Re: Simply....

Why write handwritten letters on posh writing paper with a fountain pen when you can rip pages out of a spiral pad and write using a biro?

No reason other than aesthetic.

1. Jedit Silver badge
        Devil

"No reason other than aesthetic."

The only reason I can think of to use this app certainly ends in "thetic", but it doesn't start with "aes".

1. Some Beggar

Re: "No reason other than aesthetic."

What does this App have to do with false legs?

2. Colin Millar
      Pirate

Given that most of the devices on which "apps" appear to be essential have many times the amount of processing power available even five years ago it does seem that people are willing to pay to be boxed in by apps which do next to nothing and suffer from a complete lack of imagination - most of them are just poor copies of stuff that has been around for years.

The amount of stupid in the world just keeps on growing.

3. Steve Evans

I think you have to be a barista is appreciate it. So I'll join you in the chorus of "meh".

I wonder how many of the skinny jean brigade as going to get a shock at the end of the month because they didn't realise MMS weren't included on their free text allowance?

Seriously El Reg, is that the best app you could find for Android?

2. Jediben
    Trollface

Paging Mr Zuckerberg...

Your next ridiculous purchase is ready!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TOAP!

Is this just a really expensive way to make SMS hard to read?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cynics

It has a *gram suffix - therefore brilliant !

Dropping the final vowl from your app's name is so last yeargram.

1. Dotter
      Unhappy

Re: Cynics

So much for Vowelgrm, then.

5. Some Beggar

*compose message*

"Get a life."

*apply styles*

Blink. Banner scroll. 48pt. Comic Sans.

*send image to ...*

My twitter. My facebook. Myspace. My fridge. My ironic tattoo.

6. Lloyd
    Thumb Down

Like a moron

I installed the free version, had a fiddle, realised what a pile of excrement it is (I particularly like the "functionality" of deleting everything you've written when you rotate the device) and uninstalled it. It serves no useful purpose, doesn't work properly and will only be used by tossers, so as someone has already said, Zuckerberg will be in like a shot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like