back to article Star Wars set to expand into Disneyland

Disneyland Paris is said to be working on a new Star Wars zone that'll include a Jedi Academy and even a Mos Eisley Cantina restaurant. Whispers an invasion of Disneyland Paris by the Star Wars empire circulated the park's official forums before the Disney and More Blog confirmed Disney Imagineers are indeed working on a more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Xpositor

They certainly need to do something at Disneyland Paris. It's all a bit tired now, or is that just me as I'm getting older?

1. Reue

Agreed

Went there last summer with the other half, being 23 + 24 we may be slightly too old for their target market but still thought the place was looking very old fashioned, especially compared to the UK theme parks which have all recently opened brand new big rides.

2. stucs201
    Coat

Do they ask to see your phone on entry to the cantina?

no 'droids allowed...

(Mines the one with the keys to the Millenium Falcon in the pocket)

3. Mike Brown

count me in!

even tho i detest what lucas has done to star wars, i love what disney does. I rememenr going on star tours for the 1st time, and getting goosebumps when we went to hyperspace!

i shall defo be going, and wonderfully my daughter will be 3 when it opens!

woop!

1. Steve 138

Re: count me in!

How can you detest what Lucas has done to Star Wars?? Without Lucas you wouldn't have anything to detest.

2. Fibbles

Unless it's had a refit in the last 12 years, Star Tours is easily the most underwhelming ride at DLP.

1. Fibbles

... thinking about Disneyland has caused me to have small world flashbacks... send help

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The trouble with Disneyland...

is that when you dont have kids of your own you have to "borrow" someone elses offspring and entertain them and then let them do what they want to do.................... Or is it now acceptable for two adults to go sans children?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The trouble with Disneyland...

Its entirely acceptable - just take your other half and claim its a romantic trip away for her. works everytime for me :)

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Locky
    Coat

Just make sure you have a tray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

These are not

.......the mice your looking for.

8. Fred Raywell

Paris and Mos Eisley

Well it is perfect for Paris. As Obi Wan said "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

9. Jason Hindle

Mos Eisley Cantina

Would probably be the biggest attraction in the theme park. What self respecting Star Wars fan wouldn't want to have eaten there? It won't work without the possibility of some bloke dressed as an alien tapping you on the shoulder and saying "He doesn't like you" though.

10. Alan Brown Silver badge

How long before.....

... Disney opens a Doctor Who theme area?

Or a Buena Vista Dr Who film?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Needs to be upgraded. Been there 11 times now and the same, single 'movie' that is played during the Star Tours flight is getting tiresome and stale.

Went to Florida this year and the upgraded Star Tours ride there is far better. Has about 15 combinations I think (possibly a choice of 5 sub-films for each of the three parts).

We did Hoth and Naboo on one ride and Kashyyk and Coruscant on another.

It also has the advantage of being in English... (which wont change in Paris I doubt)

This topic is closed for new posts.