back to article Steve Jobs' death clears way for Broadway star to play Woz

Sticking with their casting policy of picking actors-who-look-quite-a-lot-like-the-character, the makers of the Steve Jobs biopic are in talks with tubby TV funnyman Josh Gad for the part of Steve Wozniak. The biographical movie, simply titled Jobs, will detail the life of billionaire biz baron adored Apple co-founder Steve …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chad H.

Can we expect?

The Way to San Jose: The musical theatre sensation based on the life and times of Steve Jobs?

2. Andrew James

Yes, because the inability to grow the right type of beard will really get in the way. What with fake beards having not reached Hollywood yet.

3. Spud2go
    Pint

"But we STILL don't know who'll play Ballmer"

My pick - Bob Hoskins

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "But we STILL don't know who'll play Ballmer"

How about Bruce Willis?

I say him on Die Hard 4 last night and he's

bald

old

macho

He just needs to lose his:

comic timing

charm

some IQ points

and gain a couple of stone

and take some shouting lessons

2. Peter Murphy

Jeff Bridges would be a good choice. Apart from being a marvelous actor, he's got the physical attributes for the task. He played a baldy in Iron Man, and he really put on the pounds for True Grit. Put those elements together (and remove the beard and some charisma), and you've got Ballmer.

3. amanfromearth

Forrest Gump would fit well.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

He's not quite the right height, but I'd tend to say Michael Chiklis (from the TV series "The Shield" and less famously as The Thing in "The Fantastic Four") appears to have more than a passing resemblance to Ballmer and plenty of time on his hands.

I'm sure they could add the ring-around-the-dome in makeup and give him some Kim Jong-Il lifts in his shoes... should work ok I think : )

4. Bill Neal
      Joke

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin, & maybe he could throw some chairs around

4. hitmouse

Having been in Ballmer's presence on a couple of occasions, I'd cite The Amazing Johnathan as the best person to play him for sheer OTT presence. Age is about right too.

5. Jeebus

Do we get a final act with people dancing around him with different coloured crystals instead of having proper treatment?

6. B-D
    Pirate

And not a hint of Noah Wyle reprising his role, was Pirates Of Silicon Valley really that bad?

7. Bill Fresher

I thought Ron Jeremy would have been perfect as Steve Wozniak.

8. Amraj

Balmer could only be played by one guy...

.. And that man is Bill Murray (ladies and) gentlemen!

He would easily fit into the role, and all the while on the big screen everyman would cry for joy.

1. jocaferro
      Paris Hilton

Re: Balmer could only be played by one guy...

Yes, but not Bill Murray. James Gandolfini, for sure!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why?

"Pirates of Silicon Valley" is not that old and it was well done. We Don't need another film yet.

10. Stevie

Bah!

No punishment the putative afterlife could deliver can compare to the cosmic naff-ness of being portrayed by Ashton Kutcher.

I consider any outstanding wrath on my part re: the late Jobs and his overblown tat to be properly assuaged.

Of course, I'd have been happier if it had been Keanu Reeves.

11. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Silent Bob?

The script would be more watchable aswell

12. CmdrX3
    Childcatcher

Oh dear...

I can see the cinemas handing out free sick bags, as I think this will be the cheesiest pile of idol worshipping nonsense. I expect the only thing that will be missing will be the halos & horns and the Omen theme every time Gatesy shows up on screen. Still.... it could turn out to be a work of artistic genius, but somehow I doubt it as I don't think Ashton's "artistic capabilities" could be that far stretched.

13. Eugene Goodrich
    Paris Hilton

Peter Boyle!

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=peter+boyle+frankenstein&gbv=2&oq=peter+boyle+frank

Pity he's passed on.

14. Stu Wilson
    Thumb Up

Arrested Development Development Development

Jeffrey Tambor FTW

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001787/

15. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Ballmer

will be played by Shrek.

16. LoopyChew

My personal vote: Noah Emmerich.

17. zen1

Um

I'm still having problems getting past "adored".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like