back to article Toshiba Regza 46YL863 46in Smart TV

Powered by a multitasking image processor and dressed by Danish design house Jacob Jensen, Toshiba’s 46YL863 is not your run-of-the-mill 3D TV. Indeed, its maker’s herald it as one of the most sophisticated TVs ever. But can it really justify such hyperbole? Toshiba Regza 46YL863 TV Cell mate: Toshiba's Regza 46YL863 The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller

Motion sensor

Will that be like the energy saving devices that plunge you into Stygian blackness when you're alone and working late at the office unless you get up and wave your arms furiously every 15 minutes?

I can see this being really popular as it turns off your program just as the villain is about to be unmasked ...

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
      Thumb Up

Re: Motion sensor

Yes, but then at the office, it's pure pleasure when the "keep the inmates in line" lights switch off and I get glorious contrast on my screen. When that happens, I try to keep still to avoid the things switching on again.

However, at home I want to just veg on the sofa and watch a film without having to do star jumps every 15 minutes!

1. Citizen Kaned

i would assume it can be switched off?! if not thats stupid. i watch movies reclined in a big leather sofa and dont move much!

1. Dave 126 Silver badge
          Happy

Dunno about Toshiba, but my mate has a Sony with this motion sensor. It very rarely turns it off, and he is the least fidgety person I know. It's no issue. If anything, it saves you from waking up on the sofa at 3am and hearing the DVD-title loop muzak.

Re: it being switched off - no idea, but I'm sure you can find a Tosh PDF on the internet : D

2. GettinSadda
    WTF?

£1199

And only one pair of glasses!

3. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Power draw

150 W! Ouch! I could have two of my Philips 46" side-by-side and still use less.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Welcome Personal A...

And Welcome to you too, THX 11138!

5. Robert E A Harvey
    Thumb Down

no no no

I'm 62. I' d have to change me specs to shift my view from the middle to the edge.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like