back to article EA confirms Crysis 3 release

Electronic Arts officially confirmed Crysis 3 today and revealed the "sandbox shooter" will explode onto shop shelves in spring 2013. Crytek's third installment is set in a futuristic plant-ridden New York City, trapped under a "Nanodome" by the corrupt Cell Corp. Crysis 3 Here, our protagonist, Prophet, must navigate seven …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I find it heavily ironic...

... that games featuring battles against evil corporations are being sold by Electronic Arts.

2. andy mcandy

graphics

mmm plants. so lots of DX11 tessellation eyecandy then :)

3. ph0b0s

Pass

"is available on EA's Origin service"

Mandatory spy ware requirement, so pass....

1. M Gale

Re: Pass

Oh that's okay. I believe the 'bay will probably be able to help you before long. They'll happily give you the option of not installing crapware. Or paying for it.

4. Silverburn
    WTF?

FFS

..three versions of Crysis, and Still no HL3, even with a 4 year head start.

C'mon Valve - WTF are you guys doing over there?

1. 1Rafayal

Re: FFS

Aren't Episodes 1 & 2 basically HL3?

5. jaysel

Better than Crysis 2?

I hope this is better than Crysis 2 - after all the hype I thought it was a let down for us pc gamers.

Graphically restricted to appease the console market, and with stupid console "guides" telling me when to press keys. Having been a gamer for over 30 years I don't need to be told how to play mid game!

6. jaysel

Proper PC version please!!!

I hope this is better than Crysis 2 - after all the hype I thought it was a let down for us pc gamers.

Graphically restricted to appease the console market, and with stupid console "guides" telling me when to press keys. Having been a gamer for over 30 years I don't need to be told how to play mid game!

1. M Gale

Re: Proper PC version please!!!

You did play the game with the extra 2GB or so of high-res assets you can download, right?

They made the ultra-high bit a download, presumably to stop people complaining that they couldn't run the game at the highest detail level.

1. Horridbloke
        Gimp

Re: Proper PC version please!!!

"You did play the game with the extra 2GB or so of high-res assets you can download, right?"

I did exactly that with the single-player campaign over the Easter break, having previously waddled through it on my previous XP DX9 machine. To be honest I didn't notice any difference (and yes, I did check several times that the HD textures / DX11 were turned on and that all settings were maxed out).

I'm dismayed to learn that episode two's rubbish story is being continued - are Crytek trying to emulate the random nonsense underpinning the Resident Evil series?

No nanosuit icon so this will have to do.

7. Kevin Turnquist
    Meh

One has to wonder...

... if it'll have 16 "unique"' endings that all look remarkably the same except for some pretty colours and a cut-scene or two. Isn't that how it works with EA* now?

* Yes, Mass Effect 3 is a Bioware baby, but EA owns Bioware

8. Stu
    Trollface

Prophet?

Didn't prophet essentially die at the start of Crysis 2? The main protagonist got called prophet enough times, but its not him.

Whoops, spoiler! ;-)

As far as I'm concerned provided it's set mostly in a jungle environment and they remove the dumbed down console feel then I'm sold!

9. jungle_jim
    Pint

prophet.

But at the end of 2 aren't you pretty much prophet anyway? seeing as the suit is talks to you as him and you and the suit are as one by then?

I'm looking forward to it. I would like it if you had as much control over the suit in 3 as you do in 1. i guess that is the console dumbed down thing again.

10. irish donkey
    Windows

thanks for the reviews

I was going to buy Crysis 2 off the second hand market... as its not available on Steam.

Don't think I'll bother now

11. Cave Dweller
    Childcatcher

An XP Head Start?

These pre-order incentives are just getting terrible. No wonder I'm stuck playing "GOTY" stuff from a few years ago, for a few quid each (thanks Steam sales).

Pre-order Pokemon, and we'll boost your team to level 50!

12. ekithump
    FAIL

Pass

I bought Crysis 2 last week, now it's only a tenner, only to find that when it starts up I can't even see the menu screens, so can't play the bloody thing. I hit the gaming forums only to find lots of people with the same problem, and no available fix from EA (tm) "It's in the Money" (tm), so I will not be buying this.

It's such a shame when good developers like Crytek get assimilated by EA - they are the Symantec of the games industry.

13. Nick Ryan Silver badge

EA release (yet another) sequel? Shirley not?

14. RyokuMas
    Trollface

Booooooooooooooring...

Yet another tired sequel - which, unfortunately, people will buy because it's AAA software house and it's what they crank out.

Too concerned on making profit and milking the cash cow to take a punt on something original.

This topic is closed for new posts.