back to article Kinect gives Skyrim fans something to shout about

The Elder Scrolls V is set to support Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360, meaning Dragonborn fans can take control of their Skyrim experience through voice and gesture control. The update lets users yell dragon shouts, command followers and control hotkeys, as well navigate that inconvenient UI menu with ease. A full list of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark C Casey

I wonder...

How much money MS sent Bethesdas way.

1. JDX Gold badge

Re: I wonder...

Kinect is popular so probably nothing. Developers normally have to pay $1000s for development kit too.

1. Mike Brown

Re: I wonder...

I dont think you understand how microsoft work. They buy things they want.

2. PsychoHippy
    Facepalm

No doubt the Mrs will take great pleasure in shouting out some command from the sofa while I am playing, just like she does on Mass Effect 3. I've lost track of the number of deaths that has caused me, still it keeps her happy, and a happy Mrs = a well fed Hippy :D

3. Jim 48

Is the voice recognition trickery in the Kinect or in the 360? I can't see why this couldn't be achieved using the headset (except for MS trying to sell more Kinects of course).

4. Semaj
    Meh

Bleh, waste of dev time. It would have been better if they'd working on making the UI less horrible.

Still, at least the recent PC patch fixes all my CTDs :)

Shame that the game was generally a bit of a disappointment though (for me anyway). They could at least have got nice, dynamic, drifting snow in there like they said they would years ago when they were deciding whether to do Somerset Isle or Skyrim.

Compare it to Morrowind where there were different transport modes and cities like Vivec or Ald'ruhn felt huge because of the number of shops, not to mention guild and house facilities they contained.

It's still ok though now that I've got about a million mods, just not as good as it so easily could have been.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They had to do something

As Kinect so far has been a total and utter failure, and more recently since Kinect Star Wars, and embarrassment.

It sounds like this is only using the voice commands thou, so it's really using Kinect either, just using a Microphone. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't available for PS3 too if you have the camera/multi directional mic.

6. Gareth 18

Hurrah!

I shall take enormous amounts of joy from this

FUS RO DAH!

7. Rich 30

I was all ready to slate this...

...but i thought i should at least watch the video.

It actually looks pretty good. i've found my problem with skyrim, is that as a xbox user, the UI is rather horrid, needing lots of button presses thanks to the relitivly low number of buttons on an xbox controller.

IE, quick save and quick load!!

this seems to have addressed that. I obviolusly wont be buying a kintect for it though.

(Imagine that, an advert makes a product look good...)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like