back to article Cloud Foundry aiming to be 'the Linux of the cloud'

Steve Herrod, CTO of VMware, has high ambitions for the company's app development platform Cloud Foundry, saying he wants it to be the Linux of the cloud. Speaking at the one year anniversary of the Cloud Foundry rollout, Herrod said that the company was betting on open source and open cloud management as the future of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete 2 Silver badge

Aim higher

> We really are aspiring for this to be the Linux of the cloud

Hmmm, so that would be: something few people use, fewer get to work properly and fewer still who make money from?

</funny>

1. nematoad
      FAIL

Re: Aim higher

This is FUD, pure and simple.

No one uses Linux? Well what does Android run on, eh?

Can't get it to work properly. Have you tried a MODERN distro? With most distros aimed at new users, to coin a phrase "It just works." No searching for drivers with Linux.

Can't make money from it either. Better tell Red Hat that then or maybe the one billion dollar annual revenues that it has just announced is a mirage.

1. Chuunen Baka

Re: Aim higher

I guess this was bound to head off topic immediately. But I must say that last year I tried to get several "modern distros" to work on my mainstream laptop and they all let me down. Should've stuck with Windows - at least it just works.

2. Nick Kew
    WTF?

Linux ...

And there was me thinking Linux was the Linux of the cloud!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like