back to article Zuckerberg escapes scrutiny in Facebook ownership case

Paul Ceglia, who is claiming ownership of half of social-networking giant Facebook, won't get to cross-examine CEO Mark Zuckerberg or examine his computer records, a court ruled on Wednesday – but he has bought himself some time to get in expert witnesses. "We are very pleased with today’s ruling," Orin Snyder, a New York …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

is this

Guy just digging himself a bigger hole or is there some truth in it somewhere?

It seems an awful lot to go through if he is telling porkie pies?

2. James O'Brien
    Stop

"It's perhaps a measure of the nature of the American legal system that the case has dragged on this long, based on what looks like very shaky evidence."

Nah, this is pretty much the way it goes over here. So long as someone keeps thinking about the lawyers not getting that vacation to the Bahama's due to lack of money, the lawye^W leeches will continue to charge billable hours at rediculous rates.

Sadly this probably wont be changing anytime in the foreseeable future.

3. Anonymous Cowerd

either they're faked or they aren't

whichever way it goes, somebody will be shown to be a liar

I know which would be more entertaining!

1. Mike Brown

Re: either they're faked or they aren't

wait and see. if this case gets settled out of court for a redonkulus amount then we know who was lying. There is no way zuck will give him 50% of facebook.

im surprised this is still going on. and that surprise fills me with suspicion....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Zucks Original Response Was He Does nor Remember

If my memory serves me well Mark Zuckerberg original response to the case was that he does not remember if he had signed the second contract. FOr this reason as sleezy as the guy is I think he may have a case. A week or so later the Facebook lawyers said they think it was fraud not that they were sure that it was a fraud.

The guy has no credibility so I expect Mark Zuckerberg to win. But given the allegations that Facebook was built on code stolen from another of his employers I would not be surprised if there are more Paul Ceglia out there but who do not have a piece of papar, contact, to show that he was swindled.

5. Eduard Coli
    Gimp

FaceThis

Just more evidence of how much of the Face Book phenomenon is hot air.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Precedent for Facebook

"Myspace launched in August 2003"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myspace

"Facebook is a social networking service and website launched in February 2004"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Precedent for Facebook

I see your MySpace and raise you theGlobe.com.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TheGlobe.com

It was just as crap as any of the others that came latter, just a bit before its time.

7. hold2ransom
    Devil

Liar Dice

So is this just going to prove that Mr Zuckerberg is really untrustworthy. I know I would not trust either Facebook or him with my private details. If you trust Facebook you probably trust Zuckerberg and conversley if you trust Zuckerberg you probably trust Facebook.

8. tim333

Abandoned not by two but five lawyers I believe

1 Terrence Connors

2 Dennis Vaco

3 DLA Piper

4 Edelson McGuire

5 Jeffrey A. Lake

He really is a bit careless with his lawyers and should look after them better

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like