back to article 3 fails in court bid to uncover evidence of alleged collusion

Mobile phone network 3 has been refused permission to force its rivals to disclose emails and documents in a process that would have cost each of them £200,000. The High Court ruled that 3's requests were not specific enough. The network is engaged in a legal battle to prove that O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone colluded to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. leslie
    Thumb Down

Oh how I hate 3

I pay £2.50 for 10mb of data - only to find I cant use how *I* want, its now called a browsing allowance, so I can browse upto 10mb of the web, but only on my phone, I cant use my laptop with my phone as a modem to browse on a large screen oh no, because that then is not browsing, its a data call..............

F'in morons.

I bought the '10mb internet access' so I could download traffic info for my GPS (how else do I know when to avoid traffic by turning up a one way street....)

I guess I should have read the small print, I only have myself to blame etc, but when I saw 10mb I expect to be able to transfer 10mb of 'data' to do with as I wish.

Oh and guess whats on my last months bill, £1.37, why, well you would never guess but 10mb of data does not cover an email, as email is not browsing, its like email, so you pay an extra charge for email.....

3 you 'suck' and I cant wait for my contract to come to an end.

Oh and heres another one, my SE w900i phone is not compatible with the 3 network as its not on their list of compatible phones, so I cant browse all the pages... Why? because 3 block its access even though it has the same browser built in as any other SE W/K series phone! (funny how more 'free' pages are blocked than pay to use pages......)

Not to mention they would not send me the 3 email settings, as its POP3 is incompatible with their system which is designed and tested for other SE phones which have POP3............

2. Alan Parsons
    Flame

Agreed

Yep, they suck indeed. Also - if you didn't buy the phone from them you can't use it even if it is a model that 3 sell themselves.

I lost a phone on holiday and it wasn't insured (I don't like the odds). I called them and was told a replacement sim is 15 notes. Fair enuff. And that I had to buy MY OWN PHONE (note the wording there) also fair enuff - I chose not to insure the handset they gave me..

So I did buy my OWN phone, an unlocked, unencumbered phone which worked with the new sim no problems. Then, 2 weeks in I get a text - you can't use this phone - keep doing so and we'll cut you off.

So I call them and it transpires that apparently in the fine print of the contract it says I have to use a '3' phone.. (to my knowledge no other network in the UK has this policy) So I say 'what now?' and the guy says - 'well if you keep using that phone we'll eventually block it and disconnect you.' So I say that I'm happy with that, I can go get a vodafone sim cos their network is better anyway and then I get told that I'll have to pay early cancellation charges.

So my stance became - I'm not paying charges if YOU cancel the contract, and theirs became - YOU broke the contract when you started using that phone. So my stance then became - well YOU changed the contract when you instructed me to get my OWN phone..

So if they're having so much trouble getting people to switch, you'd think it would be in their interests to actually provide a usable service.

@Leslie - best of luck with whomever you migrate to. At least you know it HAS to be better than this bunch of halfwits.

3. Chad H.
    Alert

@ leslie

3 dont suck for that data rate, you didnt read it right, thats your problem.

There are plenty of reasons to hate them, but not Reading your terms and conditions, and not knowing what your buying isn't of them.

Other reasons are fair point.

4. leslie
    Flame

grrr

@chad

When you see a banner that says 10mb for £2.50, and remember thats 10mb, nothing in todays standards, you expect to be able to get 10mb of little packets of data to your phone, once in my phone, it should be up to me how to view/use them, I paid for the damn reception of them!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like