back to article Check Point in domain expiry snafu

Security giant Check Point failed to renew its dot-com domain name on time over the weekend. Screen grab of the Check Point (or should that be Chick Point?) cock-up. Click for larger As a result surfers visiting the Checkpoint.com site were confronted by the above holding page, with links to backorder or renew the domain …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and as a result ....

Net[ass]Sol made a packet with all the free-advertising.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How is this news?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

'cos it's funny

Funny that a company who sell products to protect networks from things like DOS attacks should themselves have service denied through stupidity. That at their name is rather apt also, as certificate expiry was obviously a point they didn't check.

Lol

3. seczine.com
    FAIL

Not updated for me yet

I am still getting the Network Solution web page with the option of back ordering the domain name.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Soooo, not my bloody BlueCoat proxy then....

I could have saves myself a lot of swearing earlier had I read about this before attempting to access.

BTW, www.paloaltonetworks.com appears to be up ;-D

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Checkpoint

They used to be relatively technically proficient but when the market saturated they expanded into new features - mostly things you shouldn't have on a firewall.

They are the MS of security.

When I looked last year, they were selling licenses for "license slots" - licenses to add the ability to add licenses!

Nice (non-)work if you can get it.

6. ideapete
    Mushroom

Purfect

Checkpoint Firewall - Its not there

7. dave 81
    Trollface

Seriously?

"The web server behind the IP address corresponding to the domain - 216.200.241.66 - was also responding slowly. "

Anybody who used this "award winning" site daily knows that this is definitely situation normal, Domain snafu or not.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like