back to article Pastebin.com hiring staff to get rid of activists' dumps

Pastebin.com has promised to police content on its site more tightly by hiring staff to delete data dumps and other sensitive information more quickly. The site, one of several of its type and originally set up primarily for programmers, has become a favourite dumping ground for hacktivists from Anonymous and LulzSec over …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Axe

End of

So pastebin makes it's money from advertising. Advertising depends on viewers and they get lots from all the curious people looking at the hack dumps. So if they stop hosting hack dumps gradually people will drift away and the visitor numbers will drop leading to less income from advertising. They won't be able to afford the staff to monitor the dumps then. End of pastebin.

1. Aaron Em

May be

but a less precipitous and more remunerative end than what'll likely result from being known as Anonymous' #1 favorite place to dump hampers full of dirty laundry.

2. Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik

Considering...

all the myriad of paste bin sites around the place not a big loss.

3. Lamont Cranston

Who else

read all the quotes in a wheezy, James Earl Jones voice?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Who else

"I find your lack of faith in copyright *disturbing*."

4. steve876
    Thumb Down

"I do hear from people in the hackers' community that many hackers like to test their DDOS skills on Pastebin."

Wow! What a great skill to have! Being able to launch a DDOS attack! I'm just about to exercise the same level of skill by clicking 'submit' to post this message !!

5. Christian Berger

So....

Doesn't that mean they are dumping their business model? After all what else is Pastebin useful for?

This topic is closed for new posts.