back to article NSA's top spook blames China for RSA hack

The director of the US National Security Agency has named China as the country behind last year's high profile hack against RSA that resulted in the extraction of data related to SecurID tokens. The information extracted in the March 2011 hack was later used in an unsuccessful attack against Lockheed Martin. Other US defence …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert E A Harvey
    Unhappy

It is official

The Chinese are back to being bogey-men, it seems.

When I was a kid we had Dr. Fu-Manchu and his evil oriental henchmen, and then for a while the world was quite sensible and civilised about funny people from far away. We had discovered they were good chaps after all, and our new friends.

Now they seem to be the dark forces of evil again.

ho Hum.

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Re: It is official

Ho Hum he say.

Oh forgt it.

2. Kestrix

You'll find that people where ever you find them on the globe are generaly nice. That being said thier governments/corporations are not! It's not the ordinary man on the street in China thats attacking the US, they are not the dark forces of evil as you put it, but IMO corporations and Governments are!

3. Ralph B
      Black Helicopters

Yeah, well, the Chinese might have done it, but I expect it was Murdoch who paid them to do it.

2. Christoph
    Black Helicopters

Takes one to know one

And just how long has the USA been intercepting communications in the UK and many other places?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Takes one to know one

Well they were certainly doing it in the late 80's, when some deliberately poisoned (so it's leakage path could be identified) data ended up in Loc-Mart's hands and subsequently ended up in a bid.

2. Robinson
      Facepalm

I like to think they're `on our side', though.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I would like to think their on our side as well, but the evidence is not very supportive of that claim..

IMHO the US of A just takes advantage of the UK, personally I would like our gov to stand up to them and insist on an equal footing, and most of all protect Her Majesty's subjects from unfair extradition!.. Unfortunately with the spineless leaders we have, that is never going to happen...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

RSA <b>Had</b> To Be Penetrated... From Behind

The Muppets at RSA ran everything on the PCs which were security-relevant: They had Email, Excel and Flash.

So this was like a fortress which had multiple "easy access" tunnels below all the walls, because it was just more convenient for the fortress soldiers to get to their work, get the whores and merchantmen into the fort and so on.

That is exactly how their "secret" system was attacked - by a classic posioned email attachment. How can you be a "security company" and at the same time be so negligent ?? It would be good if RSA "security" disappeared from existence, as they betrayed the trust of millions of users of their technologies.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This would be the same USA that bleats loudly about how dangerous China's military spending and upcoming deep-water fleet is, all the while spending 10 times as much on their own military while driving carrier groups all over the planet? Yeah...

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
      Joke

Down vote

Has someone let General Keith Alexander register as a comentard to downvote anyone that doesn't toe the (American) party line?

5. This post has been deleted by its author

1. ChrisM

Re: pot/kettle?

You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like