back to article Google I/O conference sells out in 20 minutes

Tickets for Google's annual I/O developer conference have sold out in less than 20 minutes, and scalpers have already taken to eBay to cash in on the show's popularity. Google has run the I/O conference since 2008, and this year's show is scheduled to take place in San Francisco on June 27 through 29 – the first time the show …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dotter

$900 ticket + flight

Pretty much offsets the freebie you get for attending, doesn't it?

1. Patrick Weber
      Devil

Re: $900 ticket + flight

Not if your boss is paying for your travel and conf fees !

1. Dotter

They'd probably take the freebie off you too, then!

1. Paul Bruneau

If they knew about it!

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Actually they give so much away, if really wanted to sell your swag on eBay you'd still make more than $900. I went last year - they gave out a Samsung 10.1 Galaxy Tab, Chromebook laptop, 4G Mifi Box with 2 month plan. I actually wish they wouldn't give so much stuff away - one reason it sold out so quick is that some people come just for the swag and are not interested in the seminars. I wasn't able to get a ticket this year :(

2. Arrrggghh-otron

Who gets to go to these things?

Has anyone ever been to this or an equivalent event?

I would kill (not literally - There I go again with the disclaimer in case the CPS decide I had intent to actually kill) to go to something like this, but self funding isn't possible (given the cost) and I can't imagine any my previous employers (nor my current) paying for it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Who gets to go to these things?

Yeah I went last year, it was really great. Learnt a lot, so much fun.. it's so nice to be there and meet devs from around the world, see all the cool new technologies, try out the latest gadgets. Next year ask your boss, it can't hurt!

3. Martin
    FAIL

Given that Google are a pretty significant technology company...

...how hard would it be to ensure that the tickets for the show are not transferable and hence put the kibosh on the profiteers?

And if you do need some way of valid transfers at face value only - well, Google are a pretty significant technology company and should be able to solve said problem.

1. mike2R
      Thumb Up

Re: Given that Google are a pretty significant technology company...

Right. Just require all attendees confirm their top three sexual fetishes before being granted admittance.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like