back to article Carphone results flat but outlook unchanged

Carphone Warehouse increased retail revenues by 13 per cent for the 13 weeks ended 29 December 2007, but saw a like-for-like increase of just one per cent. Speaking during an analyst's call this morning, the firm denied that footfall from the iPhone had artificially buoyed results. Looking forward over the next 12 months, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Hoskins

Time for new glasses...

I parsed that THREE TIMES as "...football from the iPhone..."

2. Dave S

iPhone

"Speaking during an analyst's call this morning, the firm denied that footfall from the iPhone had artificially buoyed results."

So, they are saying not many extra vistors came into the store because of this product?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: iPhone

@Dave

I think they are saying "Loads of people came in to check out the iPhone, saw how much it cost and promptly walked right back out again"

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: iPhone @ CPW

AC said - "I think they are saying "Loads of people came in to check out the iPhone, saw how much it cost and promptly walked right back out again"" ..... and walked over to the Apple store across the way ..... probably. CPW, like another red-fronted phones store, are horrid places to buy from.

5. James Prior

Re: iPhone @ CPW

"and walked over to the Apple store"

Not sure where you live but being able to walk down the high street and into an Apple store is not something 99% of the country can do :) If you'd said o2 then that would be a different matter ..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like