back to article 'We're crying out for storage'

This was the week when the Budget was released. George handed out some juicy tax breaks to game developers and the promise of sweet, speedy broadband to 10 UK cities. He also controversially lopped 5 per cent off the tax rate for top earners. Meanwhile, boffins were complaining that the floods that carried away the homes and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Didn't someone once say...

"I don't see why anybody would ever need more than seven petabytes of storage..."

Or, err, something like that...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Didn't someone once say...

I read Kim Dotcom has recently been selling 25 petabytes out the back of a van, maybe they should ask him for some disk.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i noticed no one going overboard when the Doctors new assistant was announced.

3. Earl Jones Of Potatoes
    Thumb Up

what next ?

apple is going to tax us, send us to war, jail us for smoking weed and crash the economy like our elected leaders have and still do today.

It's a pity i wanted to get some apple shares back when they were cheap so i can be wealthy today but someone convinced me to adhere to elReg's analysis and prediction and wage daily bashing against the naughty fruity dangerous animal called apple.

4. Silverburn

Weasel words?

"We're pleased that Ofcom saw less than half as many complaints about our broadband service than this time last year."

We hid half the complaints through ignorance, recatagorisation and outright deletion of call logs.

1. Lallabalalla

wouldn't surprise me in the least

Talktalk were easily the worst telco I've ever had.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: wouldn't surprise me in the least

They are pretty dire. I was getting 700Kb/s on an "up to" 24 Mbit connection and after three years of the least accurate billing I've ever seen (to be fair I had moved and so they couldn't do much about how far from the exchange I was, but still), they wouldn't let me get a cheaper package, or even waive the fees for a termination of the contract.

So snooty letter mentioning the regulator and what do you know, two days later I'm refunded for a year, released without charge and a nice grovelly email from the CEO.

Basically they're bribing people not to complain, and in my case it worked. Yay!+

5. Volker Hett

My new Gigabyte Mobo

has Foxconn all over the place, most prominent on the CPU socket. I think I'll make me a hackintosh :)

6. Reality Dysfunction
    FAIL

REG news fail

"Searches for his name, 'Bo Xilai', and the name of his son 'Zhou Yongkang' pulled up the following error message:"

thats wierd the way I read it the guy who thought about investigating BO senior thought it might not be healthy and ran to the US embassy. BO senior being a majopr Maoist throwback (and that guys sponsor) you got the tech bit right but totally FAILED on the news.

tsk

7. Ted Treen
    Devil

...and one 'strategic commentard" (me) said: "It would take a remarkable display of discipline [for KAE] to resist" moving into fortune telling & seances. The survey concludes that they would "massively disrupt" either industry she got involved in.

As Powney SHOULD have explaIned -

This uncommissioned spurious research tells us prospective customers (might) perceive a fit where at first glance we would assume our brand could not travel [on the grounds they've never heard of us] This makes us a truly dangerous animal to a startling array of sectors.,

8. Scott 19
    IT Angle

?

'He also controversially lopped 5 per cent off the tax rate for top earners.' 5% 0f 50p? or are you assuming that 100% tax is on the cards and taken it from there?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like