back to article Victorian Taxi Directorate exposes 400+ email addresses

The Victorian Taxi Directorate has earned the ire of people it was trying to placate, after it put more than 400 email addresses in the “To:” field of an email it sent to ask about its complaints resolution process. The email, sent yesterday, said “The Victorian Taxi Directorate (VTD) is committed to continually improving its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dozer
    Facepalm

Here we go again...

It isn't as if most mail systems can't be configured to block outbound mail with more than X number of recipients! 400+ seems way too high.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

Taxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !

Oh dear

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just wait for Round 2 - CC

“They put the addresses into the wrong field instead of cc or bcc."

They appear to be unaware that CC will also expose everyone's email addresses..

1. frank ly

Re: Just wait for Round 2 - CC

It sounds like the Assistant Manager of Communications needs to be moved to Assistant Manager of Floor Cleaning.

4. bleh_meh
    Meh

So not surprised, the VTD is just another idiotic Victorian government department.

They can't get anything right ever so this is just standard operating procedure.

5. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Victorian Taxi Directorate

What a splendid name! It conjures visions in my mind of top-hatted gentlemen exclaiming "I say!" and whatnot.

"Hello, this is the Victorian Taxi Directorate. How may I help you?"

"Good sir, would you be able to inform me as to the present whereabouts of my taxi automobile? I had booked said vehicle for 18 hundred hours promptly!"

"I do apologise, sir, but your taxi automobile is just turning on to your street of residence now."

"Capital, old chap. I shall spur the lady of the house into renewed action then, for she is alas still in the process of preparing herself for the evening's festivities. Good day to you sir."

"Good day to you also, sir."

6. crayon

What? Not a "computer" error?

At least they are honest and did not try to blame it on a "computer" error.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like