back to article BBC boss Mark Thompson sets quit date

BBC director-general Mark Thompson has handed in his resignation and will serve out his notice at the public service broadcaster until autumn this year. He told staff this morning that he had quit the top job after eight years of running the Beeb. Thompson said: This morning I told Lord Patten that I believe that an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

wouldn't want to loose any track-side tickets.

2. /\/\j17

He won't be missed!

As someone who had the pleasure of Mr Thompson during his brief tenure at Channel4 I can tell you he won't be missed!

Move everyone to a facility 'oop north' where no-one wants to work and nothing works then bugger-off to leave the whole mess to someone else.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Re: He won't be missed!

You had the pleasure of him?

3. Jim 59

Pension

I might be mistaken, but doesn't this chap have the biggest public sector pension in the UK ? Aren't we paying 163k annually into his pension, quite apart from his 600000+ salary ? Why doesn't the state pay into my pension ?

1. NogginTheNog
      FAIL

Re: Pension

"Why doesn't the state pay into my pension ?"

It does, it's called tax relief.

1. Jim 59

Re: Pension

Oh yes I nearly forgot, like all citizens Thompson is also eligable for Tax relief on any personal contribution he chooses to make to his pension. Unlike most of us he can claim up to 50%.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

his work here is done

BBC f1 fans sold down the river. give it a few years and he will take up a new job with sly.con

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like