back to article Marvel to animate comic action with AR app

Marvel has jumped on the augmented reality bandwagon with an app that brings panels in its paper comics to life on a handset's screen. The company is pushing hard to move into the digital age through a modernisation process it calls 'Marvel ReEvolution'. The first part of that process is the app, Marvel AR, which aims to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eddie Edwards
    Happy

Easily impressed

"The app will also see characters come to life in 3D, jumping out the page to wow those who are easily impressed."

Comic in attempt to appeal to its target demographic shock.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

High tech but....

No matter how slick things look, you need more than that; a little appeal goes a long way too.

And quite frankly I wonder if they can ever match the success of cartoon series such as 'Spiderman, the animated series' (1994; 5 seasons) and "X-Men" (also 5 seasons). These series are even being enjoyed today while a lot of the more modern cartoons seems to lack quite a bit of appeal to make things last.

Just my 2 cents though, for all I know I could merely be showing my age here ;-)

3. DJV Silver badge
    Pirate

Marvel AR

ARrrr! It be the pirate version, me hearties!

1. DJV Silver badge

Re: Marvel AR

And, if you can't get it to work, you'll probably need this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKv5ulewTO4

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"wow those who are easily impressed"

Once again we get a usage of a new tech that is no better than the train coming into the station that panicked people who first saw a film back when film was invented.

Could someone please do something USEFUL with this 3D malarkey that we are incessantly being subject to ? Like, I don't know, use it to forward the STORY or something, instead of just adding to the special effects department ?

I know, I'm asking too much. Sorry.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like