back to article Train driver asks passengers to get out and push

We don't know what Argentinian commuters would make of it, but hundreds of Indian train passengers were apparently happy to oblige when the driver asked them to hop out and push. According to Reuters, the unscheduled jump-start happened in Patna, capital of Bihar, after "a passenger pulled the train's emergency chain and it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lordasb

greenpeace should be happy

at least its eneviromental friendly

2. Alex

Similar experience

I had similar experience back in Ukraine when going on a trolleybus (electric powered bus). Its pantograph got unwired in a 'neutral zone' in a middle of intersection. At first driver was uncertain about what to do but then another driver from a passing trolleybus recommended to ask passengers to push it a couple of feet. Small effort from 10 people and we were ‘on the road’ again.

3. Giles Jones Gold badge

Pedal power

Never understood why trains don't come with gyms. They could let people have a workout and at the same time generate power for the train.

4. Karim Bourouba

First India

Next First Scotrail.

Oh, how I look forward to pushing the Fife Circle over the Forth Rail bridge on a lovely january morning.

5. Graham Marsden

Hmm...

To quote Sir Topham Hatt (the Fat Controller from the Rev.W.Awdry's railway series books):

"My doctor has forbidden me to push."

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CO2

Now the question is, does the train produce more CO2 than all of those people pushing the train?

I have a sneaky suspicion that joggers and gym attendees are causing global warming, hence I am doing my bit by abstaining!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You see .....

This just goes to show, we were RIGHT not to electrify the whole of Britain's railway network in the 1970s!

-- The Government.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

well beats "leaves on the track"

well beats "leaves on the track"

9. Josh

Bootlaces

Was anyone willing to give up their bootlaces?

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Steven Davison

Bootlaces

Unfortunately, bootlaces can only be used to fix really useful steam engines!

This topic is closed for new posts.