back to article Microsoft rolls over as Uniloc wins decade-long war

Uniloc, the Australian software developer that has been embroiled in a decade long legal battle with Microsoft over copyright infringement, has reached settlement terms with its bete noir. Founded by Australian Ric Richardson twenty years ago when he devised a product to prevent software piracy, Uniloc took on the software …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Wilson
    Flame

Microsoft, the King of sleazebags -- par excellence!

Yuh really have to give credit where credit's due, Microsoft is the absolute King of sleazebags.

Just think, what other company would pirate anti-piracy software, employ it in their products and then start out on a worldwide moral campaign about the evils of piracy; then for good measure sue anyone who pirated Microsoft software?

If Microsoft had never existed and someone had written a novel with this plot it'd be laughed at for being so unbelievable. When the history is finally written about Microsoft, someone will point out that it's put the 19th C. railway baron/moguls to shame with its lower-than-gutter ethics.

I'm feeling as if I want to chunder.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What did he expect?

"he devised a product to prevent software piracy ... he discovered that Microsoft had used his invention without his knowledge or permission"

He should have installed some kind of anti-irony protection.

1. Rick Giles
      Trollface

Re: What did he expect?

Makes you wonder how true the movie Antitrust really is...

3. Rick Giles
    Linux

Software should be free

then there wouldn't be all this mess.

1. Wombling_Free
      WTF?

Re: Software should be free

Sure; so should food, clothing shelter, Bugatti Veyrons and Learjets; BUT THEY AREN'T.

I think Mr. Richardson's gripe was that MS assumed his software WAS free.

The Real World(TM) - you're standing in it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like