back to article 'The new iPad' selling out at AT&T

If you're planning to preorder your "The new iPad", you better get cracking – some models of Apple's revamped "magical and revolutionary" fondleslab are already on backorder. As of 8:30am Pacific time on Thursday, two capacities of the 4G model of the white "The new iPad" from AT&T were listed on Apple's online store as "Ships …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Audrey S. Thackeray

I can understand

why people want these sort of things but I am in awe of the way they can be made to want them immediately.

1. DJV Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: I can understand

So they can get the most use out of them before the next one comes out and they have to do the same thing all over again?

2. Gil Grissum
    Pint

What company feels the need to replace working desktop PC's with Ultrabooks? As for the almighty fondle slab, the idle rich who love paying for two capped data plans, will enjoy their "New IPad" until they reach their data cap. Have fun with that. I'll be checking out the WIFI version, since WiFi is everywhere and Sprint doesn't have LTE anyway (nor is it among the networks supporting the iPad).

1. jai

i wish out company would replace my desktop pc with an ultra book. my pc is slow and constantly throwing memory errors when i reboot it. and it ties me to the desk. if we had ultra books instead, we could easily hot desk, and it'd break our tendency to keep files and applications on the pc rather than storing them on the network servers

1. Audrey S. Thackeray

replace my desktop pc with an ultra book ... it'd break our tendency to keep files and applications on the pc

In my experience it's the other way round - as soon as someone has a device they can take home they want to keep all their work on it so they can lose it on the train or whatever.

If you give them a ten kilo metal crate they can't shift then the reluctantly consider the option of the versioned, replicated, fully-backed-up network storage.

3. g e

Not surprising

When you consider the bullshit the Daily Mail are spouting about it today..

!!!!!!FOUR TIMES FASTER!!!!!!

Scrshot sent to El Reg

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I want a tablet...

But I cannot even bring myself to give a damn about any of these with these prices? Its the only thing keeping me from one.

1. Ed

Re: I want a tablet...

$399/£329 doesn't seem too bad for an iPad 2? Seems pretty cheap to me.

1. Audrey S. Thackeray

Re: I want a tablet...

It's over three hundred quid. You could get a hundred points of good beer round here for that - almost a fortnight of good drinking.

It all depends on one's priorities, of course, but it's a substantial outlay for something that while 'fun' and even perhaps 'convenient', is unlikely to to make it as far as 'essential' or 'profitable' on anyone's list.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

White one in higher demand...

... Because all the other companies make their phones in black (Samsung). Apple is all about appearance, as usual. The only way people will know you overpaid is if it looks different!

6. KroSha

UK pre-orders all sold

The UK iPad page now states:

"Order now for delivery after 18 March. See cart for details. Available in Apple Retail Stores from 16 March."

And the actual order page for online lists delivery in "2-3 weeks".

7. Ken 16 Silver badge

never mind

I'm sure Apple can make more if they sell out

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like