back to article Atlassian seeks geeks in Europe

Atlassian, Australia's current darling-of-the-VCs, has orchestrated a European recruitment drive it says is designed to snare fifteen developers in fifteen days. The company says it will be investing “millions” in creating new engineering positions in the year ahead and is looking offshore to fulfil the Australian tech brain …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gwaptiva

Makes me wish

I were senior software developer enough to have time to actually go to a pub...

2. deadlockvictim

Atlassian

Atlassian. Aaargh. It makes my eyes hurt. Would someone tell them that that the nominalized adjective of Atlas is 'Atlantic'.

Methinks this name may already be taken though.

3. Alain Moran
    Pint

Gotta love em

I've seen these guys buy a beer for an entire java conference before ... they really are great blokes.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

High Oz cost of living

If I were a developer in Europe I'd think long and hard before relocating to Sydney given the absurd cost of living. When the Australian property bubble implodes, the fallout will be ugly. We have friends who are renting an old 3-bedroom house an hour south of central Sydney by train for A$500/week (i.e., $26,000/year). It would cost at least double that to buy an equivalent house.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like