back to article Sony shifts more than a million PS Vitas

Reg Hardware Mobile Week Sony has sold more than 1.2m PS Vita handheld games consoles around the globe, the Japanese giant has claimed. That figure represents the tally as of 26 February, boosted by the Vita's launch in Europe and PAL TV territories, and North America, four days earlier. The console first went on sale on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Greg J Preece

Make the games cheaper, and Sony wins. A + B= C.

2. thegrouch
    Mushroom

No Call of Duty, no sale.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No Call of Duty, no? Sale.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not if they can't fix their payment mechanism that blocks you if you buy too many games

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4671509?start=0&tstart=0

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Can-t-add-funds-to-wallet-error-80023102/td-p/14262535

1. Southern
        FAIL

Thanks for the link to that forum post - shows perfectly well another great reason to never be an early adopter to these things.

Quite literally, people are throwing their money at their screens and nothing is happening

Well played, Sony.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

apparently it's effecting ps3 as well but the error code is different, also you can't pay money via card at all

4. jai

needs the games to be a bit cheaper but also needs a lot more titles. but i can see myself getting one in the 2nd half of the year

the fighting game that uses the camera so you can fight, on your desktop, and pan the vita around to pan the character fighting, that sounds awesome. why doesn't someone do an RTS like that, it'd be endless fun

5. Spearchucker Jones

I've got one and...

...after the build up am a little disappointed. The UX is a bit inconsistent, and not quite as refined as iOS or WP. Kind of like a poorly-skinned Android. So basic features lock the thing up, like doing a screen capture. Only have two games yet, which is ok. CoD it ain't. And unless teh gamerz addiction warrants, or the shiny factor, I wouldn't recommend it.

6. Bill Neal
    WTF?

Moar games?

I thought you could take ANY PS3 game on the road with you, making the vita a portable PS3. Was that not the point of the thing? If you can, then that would give it more games than any handheld.

1. cortezcortez
      Stop

Re: Moar games?

Who told you that? Certainly Sony never said it.

7. chr0m4t1c

Humble Pie

I thought it would be a massive flop, launching into a world that has moved on so much since the original PSP.

Seems I know even less about these things than I had expected.

Well done Sony, now sort out the backend systems.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like