back to article Viewsonic risks Apple backlash with Android Phone 4S

Reg Hardware Mobile Week Viewsonic focused on those with multiple mobile accounts this week, making an appearance at Mobiel World Congress (MWC) 2012 to reveal a collection of dual-Sim smartphones. One model bears a very similar moniker to Apple's popular handset, the 4S, so it's very possible that the Cupertino lawyers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g e
    Stop

4S

Apple will probably only get anywhere suing over '4S' if this phone also turns out to be a disappointing anti-climax to what people thought Viewsonic were going to release as it would possibly be copying Apple's 4S too closely.

Plus there's a micro nuclear reactor design by Toshiba called a 4S, some clinical software called 4S-Dawn and a Porsche Carrera 911 4S, all of which, presumably, were less of a disappointment to people...

1. Greg Eden

Re: 4S

It did not bother Apple to bring out a music player called a Nano when Creative had a music player called a Nano that had been around for years. However, I have no doubt they will carry on when someone does it to them.

2. Craigness

Influenced by...

HTC, the iphone, Palm Pre. In that order.

3. Khaptain Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Dual Sims - Good News

I don't really care about the perfs or the looks but it does have "dual sim cards" Isn't this the first reasonable smart phone to have them?

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall Apple, Samsung or HTC have any "dual sims" within the last year or so. ( Motorola rings a bell bit I can't remember why).

4. N13L5

dual SIMs is useful, but...

But while essentially useful, dual SIMs isn't really that big of a trick to implement.

So I don't see why the only way to get dual SIMs should be in these obviously ho-hum, underspecced, somewhat clunky phones...

Whats the deal, Viewsonic? even Chinese el-cheapo outfits do equal or better than this.

Picked the wrong designs and the wrong manufacturing, or just hoping to make a mint from saving tons of cash on the cheesy hardware spec, while cramming it down the throats of those desperate for the 2 SIM function?

Samsung, can you please build us a decent phone with 2 SIMs, so we don't have to resort to this?

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Guildencrantz

re: Greetings

My sweet sweet child, I would so dearly like to help, and the charitable foundation which my late great-great-uncle began with a bequest of 100,000,000 dollars US, is looking for exactly the kinds of enterprising people such as yourselves whose projects we may support. The only problem is that for tax reasons, the foundation is based in Liechtenstein, and each time we access funds, we are obliged to fly our Swiss lawyer in to authorise funds, and pay the bank an access fee, which amounts to 10% of any amount withdrawn. Therefore in order that we may remit to you the 100,000 dollars US which you need, we ask that you wire us first 10,000 dollars US to Western Union, Belize City branch, for the attention of Esteban Gutierrez.

We look forward to making your glorious project the success it deserves to be.

Yours in peace,

Bishop Ignacio Loyola de Sancha, Holy Primate of the Order of the Sacred Virgin

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like