back to article Vodafone: Do you take Visa?

Vodafone and Visa have joined forces to push an international payment brand, using NFC for pay-by-bonk functionality and a Visa prepaid card to carry the credit. Pay by bonk – aka NFC transactions authorised with a tap of the phone – won't be available across all the 30 countries where Vodafone operates and where the wallet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jim 59

Hey Vodafone

Just pay your tax

2. irish donkey
    Stop

Vodafone pay your tax

No mention of where this business is based so that somebody can work out the tax liability.

Oh well I guess it will be business as usual for VodaFone.

Tax.... what's tax?

Ahhh I see Tax is the stuff which we take from our employees wages and filter through numerous off shore shell companies until it gets lost down the back of the sofa.

Yoda's journey to the dark side is complete.

Shame!

3. BryanM
    FAIL

Why?

I really struggle to see the point of this. Why would I want to give money to a third party to 'look after' so I can then spend it later. If I want to make a cash transaction I'll use a debit card, or horror of horrors, cash. This is simply a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. and a way for Vodfone and Visa to hold onto your cash so that they can earn interest on it.

1. JohnG

Re: Why?

...and you forgot to mention, so that they can track your purchases and sell this information to advertisers.

If you're paranoid, it also contributes to the means by which your movements and habits can be tracked by the authorities.

4. Jon182
    Go

Orange Cash

Orange already has the Orange Cash prepaid card in the UK with Mastercard Pay Pass contactless. Looks like they will also link this to NFC phones at some point as per Vodafone.

5. Matthew 3

Pay by bonk?

Sounds like prostitution to me.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wonderful!

...or so they claim.

Now, will this work with foreign credit cards, or will it be like pay as you go SIMMs, which cannot be recharged with a card from another country. So much for the European single market & all that bullshit.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Vodafone

Trust in meee... I'm Kaa the snake Vodafone.

WHAT!!!! Trust Idiotfone to be my credit card as well, the same bunch of incompetents that in 6 months can't get me transferred to the correct plan, and as a result have charged me 180.00 for internet access that is supposed to be part of plan. The same bunch of incompetents that keep promising me that they will "sort it out this month and refund the overcharging but if you don’t pay your bill we’ll cut you off”.

You must be f******g joking.

8. ad47uk
    FAIL

NFC is a security risk, will not touch it with a bargepole, thankfully my phone will never be able to cope with NFC as it is a cheap HTC wildfire.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like