back to article 'Nobody can resist the charming of iPAD'

This was the week when Microsoft decided that its new Windows logo should actually look like a window, resulting in this streamlined and modernistic (or uncolourful and mundane depending on your viewpoint) effort: Windows 8 logo After a few rumours had circulated that Samsung was considering spinning off its loss-making LCD …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chemist

"found neutrinos travelling at 60 seconds faster than the speed of light "

Rewrite this - must try harder.

Hint speed != time, 60 seconds != 60 nanoseconds

1. Chemist

Re: "found neutrinos travelling at 60 seconds faster than the speed of light "

OK so you've changed seconds to nanoseconds what about the speed/time business ?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

".......nobody can resist the charming of iPAD. The effect on iPAD is overwhelming in the human history" - Fantasy!

Reality - Humans are sheep, easily sucked in by hype. This is proven by the fact that tablet computers were invented WAY before the iPad, but because people need some status which they assume they can purchase, the iPad has been successful amongst those weak of mind.

1. Alister
      FAIL

way to go

...quoting completely out of context.

The paragraph you quoted was from the Chinese/English blurb accompanying Proview's Internet Personal Access Device, which was

a/ not a tablet, and

b/ was released in 1998 way before any Apple product of tablet form.

RTFA

idiot

2. jai

"Obviously!" so engaged at the sight of Apple being mentioned in an article you were incapable of reading the context or subject of the quote you used.

Unfortunately, sir, you're just adding to the growing evidence on these forums that the biggest difference between Apple users and Apple haters is that the users have sufficiently greater intelligence than haters that they're able to read more than just a few lines before posting a comment.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Obviously! your penis envy is showing

I laugh as you cry wondering why no one pays attention to your opinion. Here's a clue, stop projecting your inadequacies onto others. It just makes you look like a bitter crybaby.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it just me, or is the new Window similar to what you'd see when you look up at the sole of a robot's foot when it's in the act of stamping on your face for ever?

.. it's just me then. I'll get my (full metal) coat

1. LaeMing
      Unhappy

Re: 1984

Yes, it is the special running shoes for robots from Rebok. Branded 'Reboot'.

4. Craigness
    Thumb Up

Trapezium

By drawing their window as a trapezium rather than a rectangle, Microsoft have cost Apple's lawyers almost $128,000 in lost commission. #madeupstats

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: Trapezium

Wow! you used the 'Madeup' program. Must be right then.

5. Wile E. Veteran
    Devil

Resistance

"...nobody can resist the charming of iPAD"

I can. I can resist the iPAD, Android tablets, WebOS tablets and any other kind of tablet. I simply don't "consume" media. Streaming movies and television hold no interest at all for me. I can use my smartphone to keep track of my email and text my daughter and teen granddaughter (who prefer texting to talking on the phone). I don't need a GPS because I actually can read a _map_ and even nautical charts.

I will admit to having a low-end Nook for reading while in waiting rooms or similar situations but a _tablet_ is not needed for anything I do or want to do or expect to do in the future.

Let the downvotes begin!

1. Alex Rose
      FAIL

Re: Resistance

I don't think anybody will bother downvoting you as you couldn't be bothered to read the article and understand that it doesn't refer to a tablet computer.

Idiot.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Resistance

Can you blame him! It was a rather boring, opinionated piece of drivel.

Like the constant claims that the Chinese IPAD was a iMac clone, where as everyone who has been around knows its nothing of the sort. No clear plastic and price tag about 5 times its value for a start.

Let alone the iMac was nothing more than a very mediocre overpriced PC stuck inside a monitor, with all the disign originallty of 50% of the dumb terminals made from the 60's to the 90's, except for the use ugly coloured, semitransparent plastic.

1. Alex Rose
          FAIL

Re: Re: Re: Resistance

I can't blame him for not reading the article.

I can blame him for making himself look like a fool for commenting on an article he clearly didn't read!

6. Tony Paulazzo
    Happy

@ Wile E. Veteran

Luddite!

But seriously, well done for realising that you don't require a tablet based computing form and not buying one (well, except for the Nook and phone which I'm guessing are 'quite' tablety in form and function).

I, on the other hand, love gadgets, always have, one of the first to get a 386, 486, Pentium, 3DFX, 5.1 Sound Blaster, Nvidia, touch screen swivel laptop and yea, now I have an ipad - still use it every day too.

Whatever makes us happy. Peace.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is that... cyan?

The 80s called, etc. Or was that the 70s?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The creation of that risk

"The creation of that risk, the extent of that risk and the cost of putting it right mean at the end of it all, I'm afraid a prison sentence is inevitable."

I'm pretty sure that Facebook were responsible for the creation of that risk (the wrote the software that was vulnerable to being breached). The hacker only found and exploited the vulnerability that Facebook was responsible for creating!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like