back to article 3 gives up (Super)drugs

3 is pulling concessions out of 107 Superdrug stores in the UK, leaving only 20 in place, citing the increase in their own stores as the reason behind the cuts. 3 moved into Superdrug back in 2003, thanks to them becoming siblings when the high-street drug dealer was bought by Hutchinson Whampoa in 2002. That put 3 into 60 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

The Good old Days

I remember working there and having old ladies ask me where the blue rinse was. the most productive year of my life!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

embarrassed

now i can go into those stores again and people will only think i'm buying condoms. I was too worried before that they'd see me going in there and thinking I was buying a 3 mobile contract!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Shady dealings

So Superdrug are a "high-street drug dealer" - that would account for all the shifty looking characters in my local one!

Maybe "high-street chemist" would have been a better description. Still it made me smile. :)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Go

good they were a waste of space

I tried to buy a 3 phone in superdrug once. I really tried, but first they would not take my visa debit card (nor cash??), then their paperwork was out of sync with the huge posters and finally they couldn't tell me how easy it would be to unblock it for international calls (as i have to make lots).

All in all, despite me being patient and willing they just couldn't sell me a phone.

.... so i went next door to carphonewarehouse and bought it there, obviously not on a 3 contract though. Phew, thankfully i went for vodafone who are predictably expensive but their coverage is really unbeaten.

5. Doug Lynn

Drug Dealer?

Hi, hmm high street drug dealer, that a definitely bad choice of words...Here in America drug dealer means one thing, illegal drug dealer, try using the correct Chemist.... or Pharmacist as we say.

6. leslie

Drug Store

@Doug Lynn

So why do we hear the term ''drug store'' use so often in our cheaply bought american TV fodder for last night viewing?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like