back to article Top Euro beaks to probe ACTA for rights breaches

Europe's Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding has asked the European Court of Justice to peruse the small print of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) to ensure that it is "fully compatible" with fundamental rights. The international treaty to combat counterfeiting and piracy lost its digital copyright …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Semaj
    Trollface

No 3 Strikes

2 it is then

1. Anonymous Coward
      Black Helicopters

Re: No 3 Strikes

2 Is 1 too many, we are coming to get you !

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yay!, go Viviane

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

mentally unstable!

It's the usual STUPIDITY!

The only way to resolve the issue is to find a fair and resonable way to distribute content, or FOREVER try the whip without success!

Why don't "these people" just accept it and work toward a REAL solutuion?

BUT NO, They do not have the mental capacity to do so, so the situation will continue.

I mean, cutting people off! HA! We could always find ways around draconain 'blocking' measures.

The stupidity continues............

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LIARS

They cut off both arms, then they give one of them back, then they expect you to thank them for it.

None of ACTA is acceptable.

5. Gizzit101
    Terminator

I'm relieved...

...that the Register still carries articles by Andrew Orlowski.

I'd never know what to disagree vehemently with otherwise.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I believe...

he is writing an article on the US Senators that receive money from the RIAA and oppose gay marriage.

title to be 'Media Industry supporting homophobia'

Just so he can provide balance to his other article aligning Pirates with the far right

6. Shane Kent

You know it seems to me....

our governments and ISPs should be more concerned with being hacked and less concerned with protecting the USA's media (or Canadian media for what it is worth). It wasn't that long ago the Canadian Finance department was hacked, and then I read of the 10 year Nortel hack. Last year I had crap hitting my ports from China, and Bell Canada did nothing to stop it, not even hey we notice weird activity in an email notification.

How about the government and ISPs do a better job of protecting us before they worry about protecting Corps.

1. foo_bar_baz

Welcome to the Internet, Shane

Crap from China, Brazil, Russia, the Middle East and East Europe hits every Internet host out there. ISPs are dumb pipes, they shouldn't go firewalling your Internet facing hosts on their own, it's your job to secure them. If they are supposed to offer you a firewall or intrusion detection service, that's another thing.

7. Jim Carter

Well how about that.

Europe doing something I agree with for once.

Blimey.

8. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Unhappy

No no, read the brief again...

"Europe's Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding has asked the European Court of Justice to peruse the small print of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) to ensure that it is "fully compatible" with fundamental rights."

Tut Tut elReg, the brief to the European Court of Justice is to ensure ACTA is "fully compatible" with fundamental rights, not to see if it breaches any fundamental rights.

It’s a subtle difference.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like