back to article Government clears road for human hybrid embryos

The UK government has nixed a proposed ban on the creation of human-animal hybrids, clearing the way for embryologists to create hybrid embryos for stem cell research. It has instead proposed a draft bill - the Human Tissue and Embryos Bill - that would allow the creation of embryos composed of 99.9 per cent human, 0.1 per cent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Latham

Too restrictive

I would like my future offspring to enter politics, but I don't think 0.1% weasel is going to be enough.

2. Brian Hall

Man and Superchimp

I want retroactive chimerical therapy; an infusion of chimp muscles would be just the thing to let me take care of certain problem individuals ...

3. Mac McGuire

Human/sheep cloning

There's no need for scientists to begin experiments on human/animal cloning. All they need to do is go to Wales, a nation famed for sheep shagging, collect a random sample of lambs and check their DNA.

4. Tom Cooke

Well, they finally did it

"Illegal" to implant these embryos in the womb? Exactly how is this law going to be be enforced. Read Robert Heinlein's "Friday" if you want to find out where this will take us............

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Man and Superchimp

hmmm sure you aren't just after an excuse to fling feces at people you don't like? :p

This topic is closed for new posts.